Audio Artifacts/Static/Warbling

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Late-2014 Mac Mini/SSD Upgraded/MacOS Catalina V10.15.7/Roon build 764)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Gigabit Ethernet Hardwired (Core & Endpoints)/Eero Pro Gateway Router/TP-Link TL-SG105 Network Switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD Master M10 running full version of Dirac Live and latest version of BluOS

Description Of Issue

I have recently installed and set up Roon 1.8 in my home and I’m having issues with one specific device. I have several devices including a NAD M10, KEF LSX, and various Sonos Speakers and Amp. I am ONLY having an issue with the M10.

Some music is displaying weird artifacts, mostly noticeable on softer, quieter music. These artifacts are small static and/or warbling sounds. They seem to be random by song but are reproducible and predictable in any certain song. ie. If they appear at the 23 second mark of a particular track it will always appear at the 23 second mark of that track.

If I play the exact same track, via my library or Tidal, via BluOS or Tidal Direct I do not get any artifacts.

My M10 Audio Device settings in Roon are the default settings and I am not using any DSP processing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Update. The issue has been resolved. After much troubleshooting, I was forced to Factory Reset the NAD M10. After reset and update process and reinstalling Dirac filters it appears the audio glitches are gone. Neither myself, nor NAD, can make a determination of what the underlying issue was other than “something” in the DSP of the M10 had got out of whack and was conflicting with Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.