Audio Breakup on multi channel DAC

I have just installed Roon Bridge on my Mac mini (2012 - OS X Ver 10.11.4) attached to a Steinberg UR44 multichannel DAC. My 192k/24bit, 96k/24bit, 44.1k/16bit AIFF files are playing fine. When I play the CDs I ripped in iTunes at 48k/16bit (AIFF) I am are experiencing severe audio breakup. Do I have to rip these again at 44.1k/16bit or is there a fix? Is this a know issue with 48K/16bit files? My Roon core is on a dedicated iMac 2010.

Hey @Oswald_Burke – why don’t we start by taking a look at one of the files. Could you upload one or two somewhere (like Dropbox) and PM me a link?

If you don’t anywhere to upload them, that’s fine. Just let me know and I’ll send you instructions for uploading them directly to us, and then we can take a look.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble!

Hi Mike, I do have a Dropbox folder, can you send me instructions how to get the link to you?
Thanks

If you put the files in a folder and then right-click the folder, you should be able to generate a link and send it to me in a private message.

Thanks!

Hey @Oswald_Burke – I’ve got the files and @vova and I will be doing some testing on them over the next day or two. If we don’t see any issues, we can take a deeper look.

In the meantime, would you mind posting screenshots of the settings you’re using on the UR44, like the ones at the end of this post?

Thanks!