Roon remote is a Google Pixel tablet

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi router rb50 → switch(can’t remember the model)-> Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

NAD M10v2 Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

77552 tracks

Description of Issue

Yesterday I started playing a playlist and the audio gradually increased from ~25 (normal listening volume) to 100 without anything telling it to. I couldn’t stop it. I could temporarily pause the volume increases if I hit the volume down button but once I let go it continues climbing. I rebooted my amp and that didn’t fix it. I closed the roon remote app and reopened it and it seemed to fix it then.

First, set a maximum volume in Roon to prevent any catastrophies. Then see the ongoing investigation thread here:

I had the same experience with build 1321 a couple of days ago when using a Pixel 7.

Hi @Josh_Bristol,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear its an issue that prompted your first post.

We have a potential fix related to unwanted volume behavior that’s currently active in our early access build. Here’s more information on how to migrate to early access if you’re interested in giving this a test:

Please note that you’ll need both your Core and mobile device on early access to test the fix. Let me know if you have any additional questions, thanks Josh. :+1:

It happened again yesterday. Would you like me to pull the logs?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.