MacOS Ventura 13.3.1, 8 GB, 256.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Google Fiber (1 GB speed) Wifi. No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Schiit Jotunheim 2 USBC-Thunderbolt

Number of Tracks in Library

205k tracks, Qobuz streaming

Description of Issue

Randomly dropping out of playing tracks. Roon will stream tracks mostly from Qobuz for a period of time through external DAC enabled and then will stop playing. Audio shows "enabling" in a loop for core audio. I will have to quit everything and restart computer to get the connection back. It will play for a period of time and then "disconnect" again. I have been using Roon for years with this setup, either a PC or Mac through WIFI.

Hey @Michael_Del_Tufo,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and for your patience while our team works through each thread. I wanted to check in on this issue and see if you were still having audio playback drop outs?

If so, could you please test out:

1. Hardwiring your core directly to your router and see if your issue occurs
  2. Test playing audio from the system output of the Mac

With that, if you could also share a specific date, time, and name of track of when the issue occurs, that would helpful.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply. :+1:

The behavior is erratic. Roon not recognizing the external DAC. Sometimes when the computer first wakes up, sometimes when it’s been playing for a bit of time and sometimes 2-3 hours of playing and no issues. There is no consistency for the issue. Most of the time I have to restart Roon and computer to “find” the DAC as the audio source.

Hey @Michael_Del_Tufo,

Were you able to give my prior points a try?

With that, is your core device going to sleep? How is the DAC connected to your core device? If possible, can you test out a different cable as well as port (if it is USB.) A timestamp of when the disconnect happens would be very helpful.

Let me know, thanks!

Core is not going to sleep. USBC connect and yes I tried different port and cable, no difference. It usually happens in the afternoon EST, but like I said sometimes I listen to music for a day or two without that happening. It’s very sporadic and hard to recreate which I know makes it difficult to diagnose. Hardwire didn’t make a diff. Test playing from Mac works but I didn’t continuously play….and wait for it to happen. The Mac speakers seem to not “disappear” as the external DAC does on occasion

Hey @Michael_Del_Tufo,

I wanted to check in on this thread, to see if you’ve experienced any dropouts recently? A timestamp would be extremely helpful for further troubleshooting.

Thank you!

I was out of town this week. Last week,I didn’t experience any outs

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.