Audio cuts out when playing via Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Version 1.6 (build 416) stable (64bit)
running on Apple iMac macOS Mojave (V 10.14.6)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection to Audio player Linn Akkurate DSM via Devolo Magic

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Akkurate DSM via Ethernet connection

Description Of Issue

When playing through Roon, the music cuts out all the time: a few seconds of audio, then it cuts out for several seconds, then the music comes back, goes again and so on. The music in this case is stored on the Mac, it is not coming from a streaming service. The signal path is Lossless (purple sign). The music file is FLAC 96kHz 24bit 2ch.

When i listen through Qobuz e.g., this is not happening: the music plays fine without interruptions.

Disclaimer: I’m just a fellow Roon user as you are, trying to help other users.

From Networking Best Practices:

Ethernet Over Power (EoP)

The quality of Ethernet Over Power solutions varies quite a bit, and generally it will be less reliable than Ethernet. There are times it can work well, but if you’re having a problem and powerline ethernet is involved, we recommend temporarily replacing the ethernet over power connection with a real ethernet cable to see if things improve.

1 Like

Hi @Luc_Wagner,

Thanks for reaching out here. As @BlackJack has noted, we have often seen Powerline adapters be poorly behaved, so I would rule out this aspect if possible. One other data point that would be useful here - does this issue occur only for the Linn Akurate zone or does it occur with other endpoints as well? Do you experience the same issue when playing to “System Output”?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.