Vanatoo T0 connected via usb to desktop computer running Roon as an endpoint
Simaudio 390
Sonos Move
Sonos 1 (x2)
Sonos Amp

Number of Tracks in Library

10500 tracks

Description of Issue

Audio cuts out when listening through the Vanatoo T0 speakers for several seconds, the time on the track continues to progress and then after several seconds music audio resumes again. This appears to occur with Quboz streaming or with audio files played from the Nucleus plus.

If this happens for me, about every 10 days, rebooting my router fixes it.

EDIT: Roon core needs ethernet connection.

You didn’t mention how your desktop computer is connected to your network, but if it’s wifi this is almost certainly network related. As @Jim_F mentioned, rebooting your router will probably help. If you are using wifi, try connecting the desktop via ethernet to see if this solves the problem.

I am connected via WiFi and will try a router reboot, and setting the desktop to a priority device - there is not currently an ethernet port near the desktop machine so this won’t be feasible in the short term. My Simaudio is connected via ethernet.

I will note, that I don’t recall this happening until I changed my speakers out recently to the Vanatoo’s. Maybe coincidence, not sure. They otherwise sound quite good for desktop listening.

I figured that was probably the case, but you could still test if you get hold of a cable that’s long enough. Hopefully the router reboot and priority setting will sort thongs out.

Hey @Kent_Morris,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having issues with your audio cutting out. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know. Both @Jim_F and @DaveN are steering you in the right direction here with it potentially falling into a network-based issue. Let me know if you’ve been able to connect your core via ethernet!

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.