Audio Device Refuses to switch input

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC8I7BEH/Rock

OS Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
SW Version 1.8 (build 790) stable
IOS Version 1.8 (build 790) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ASUS GT AC5300 Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

exaSound S88 D/A Processor

Description Of Issue

Getting the response Audio Device Refuses to Switch Input to Roon when Play is pressed using my IPAD remote. Happened maybe 4 times over the past month, twice yesterday. Getting more frequent.

Seems to occur the first time I try and play something after the unit is powered up. Second attempt at Play starts the music, or has so far anyway.

I’ve read other posts for the same issue, with different devices.

Decided to open a separate ticket for tracking but I have commented in other posts for this issue.

Edit: Updated S88 firmware to Ver 41 yesterday. Will see if that has any effect on this issue.

The issue has not reoccurred since the Ver 41 firmware update. 2 weeks of daily use.

Ver 41 included a Major update of the exaOS operating system and an Update to Roon RAAT. One of those appears to have corrected the issue.

This ticket can be closed.

1 Like

You have been around long enough looking at user joined date…but just a friendly reminder that Roon Support might not get this on their radar until the weekend is over.

Assume you have the latest firmware on all your audio devices in the chain.

1 Like