Audio devices missing after resume from sleep

@noris I have now tested this missing audio device issue in the simplest set-up I can make. I connected my ASUS RT-AC68U router directly to the wan port of my ISP modem (modem is in bridge mode and with a static external IP). Then I connected the NUC 10i7FNK by cable to the ASUS router. The router is factory reset and NUC bios has optimal defaults loaded. Windows 11 pro is recently installed. Only HDMI cable, LAN cable, power cable and a Logitech Unifying Receiver connected to the NUC. The issue with missing audio devices is still there when waking form LAN.

I can’t really think of anything more to test on my end. You wrote in November that there had been some improvements in sleep behavior. Audio devices disappear after machine resumes from sleep - #11
Do you have any idea what causes this?

It seems that many of the reports of this issue are on Windows pro/enterprise installations. Could that be a factor?

I’m fully aware that Roon recommends an always on core. But I would really like to know what’s going on to understand the issue when it works on my previous NUC 4 core and not on my present NUC 10 core.