Audio dropping and losing connection between Roon Nucleus and Arcam AVR11 multiple times per minute - issue persists despite troubleshooting efforts and equipment power cycling (ref#KFBJ6U)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

I'm hearing dropouts

Roon Nucleus to Arcam AVR11 - Audio keeps dropping & losing connection briefly, happening multiple times per minute. Connected via Ethernet (Cat6 > Netgear gigabit network switch), audio keeps dropping, AVR displays “no connection” but immediately connects after 1-2 seconds. This happens on Tidal/internet radio/files from SSD. But connected Nucleus to Arcam via hdmi and it didn’t seem to drop at all. Powered on/off all equipment which seemed to clear the issue, but then it reappeared once again just now. All firmware up to date, network speed is circa 80mb. Thank you for any advice!

The first things I’d do is…

• Cables, try a new one
  • Try a different port on the switch
1 Like

Is your switch a managed one? If so, enable “data flow” network option for the ethernet port the AVR is connected to. While the interruption happens, do you see any changes on the Arcam’s display?
Please show us your signal path. Can you see if the problem only occurs with specific files or file types?

No it’s a cheaper unmanaged Netgear, which appears to be working ok.

Swapped around the ports and patch cables (cat 5 & 6)

This issue seems to be on all file types/streaming via Tidal

Just strange there is no issues via direct HDMI connection to AVR.

Will play around more today

TY

I got the same issue after last Roon update.

Also appears to have zero issues when connecting Nucleus > Naim DAC V1 > analogue Arcam

So it’s just the Roon Ready/network connection where’s the fault.

Expecting this could be on the Arcam end, it’s not been the easiest of owners experience with this AVR, great audio etc, but some frustrating performance issues.

Contacting their support

Tried using a different control point, circumventing Roon entirely. No issues running from Tidal through Linn app and directly to source

Going to be one of those days/weekends…

Via the Roon web client, reset the database and settings, reinstalled the O/S and restarted the Server SW and deleted library and reinstall from backup.

Everything worked perfectly for about 20 mins, I literally picked up my phone to send a message to this group to say I think it’s fixed, and it immediately lost connection

Again connecting via hdmi, plus via my Naim Dac V1/ Analogue and also stream via Tidal Connect works ok, interesting difference in sound quality with all the above though

Not sure if this Dropbox/video link will be allowed but you can see the loss of connection and the logo flashes between NET & Roon Ready alongside the audio dropouts

Starting to feel this is defo Arcam’s issue as not had this before although there hasn’t been a firmware upgrade recently from their side but there has been from Roon’s

Arcam are also providing some support

Anyway now going to the pub to pretend the last 48 hrs never happened

Hi @r.guy.kendall,
Thanks for your patience while we worked through the queue. Does this happen both with Roon Ready and AirPlay on your Arcam?

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help in ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs? Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.