Audio file is loading slowly issue with one ROCK but not another one on same network, same endpoints

Roon Core Machine

Rock 1.8 (build 1105)
Running on Cirrus7 with Intel DQ77KB Motherboard with an Intel Core i7-3770T processor
1TB Library stored on 2TB Samsung T7 Touch connected via USB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Roon core connected via Ethernet to Huawei b525s-23a router connected via Ethernet to Sonore Microrendu

Connected Audio Devices

Wired connection from router to Sonore Microrendu, connected to Denafrips Ares II DAC via USB.
Wired connection from router to SOTM-SMS200 connected to Chord 2Qute DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

21,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I recently purchased a new Core to run ROCK on my system (Cirrus7 with Intel DQ77KB Motherboard with an Intel Core i7-3770T processor).
I am now frequently experiencing " Audio file is loading slowly- this may indicate a performance or hardware problem" with any file in 88/24 or higher resolutions (I can never play more that 15-20 seconds of a 192/24 file).
I can play just fine MQA 192kHz files from Tidal (and have only rarely had problems playing 352kHz MQA files).
I tried playing 352/24 files by connecting headphones to the Cirrus7 core, and they play just fine.

What is puzzling is that whenever I use my old system (same ROCK version running on an Intel NUC6i3SYH, same network configuration, same endpoints), I can play without any problem 352/24 files stored on its internal 2TB Samsung 860 SSD.

The problem is fully reproducible when switching back and forth between cores (de-authorizing the other one every time, of course). The discrepancy (issues with Cirrus7 but not NUC) is seen with any of the endpoints I use, whether they are connected via Ethernet or via WiFi.
The LEDs on the Ethernet connector of the Cyrrus6 show that the 1000Mb/s data rate is selected.

Any idea why the i7-based Cirrus7 is experiencing performance issues and not the i3-based NUC?

The knee jerk answer is that ROCK was written to run on Intel NUCs only and anything else is considered a MOCK.

See this thread -

Still, one would think that since you’re using an Intel MB that shouldn’t be a consideration. Could be a driver issue?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.