Audio playback skips tracks or stops

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel i3-6006U 2GHz
Windows 10
roon 1.7 build 555

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi Qualcomm Atheros Ar946x
FLAC files on a Synology NAS

ASIO Chord 1.04 - USB - Chord 2Qute

Description Of Issue

Playback works for a while, then either skips tracks or halts.
This has been the case on all versions of ROON I’ve had since purchasing my license. I’ve given up on it and I won’t repurchase unless this issue is sorted out.

I can run JRiver Media Centre 24 on this setup and it plays back perfectly with no interruption to the sound.

Hello @Eric_Barton, and welcome to the community! I have a few things to try so we can narrow down the source of the issue:

1. Does this happen with streamed or local content? Both?
  2. Do you have this issue if you play to system output of your core machine?

Let me know and we’ll go from there!

I only ever play FLAC files from a Synology NAS.
Playing to system output (Chord Async USB) skips everything immediately
Playing to realtek (on-board sound) skipped 1 track when played for 24 hours
I normally play to ASIO Chord 1.04 and this skips frequently (but works fine with JRiver MC)

Hello @Eric_Barton, thanks for checking that. Tests like this give us a much better idea of where to look. It’s interesting that you have significantly less issues playing to system output. We have had issues with realtek drivers in the past, are you able to remove them and try ASIO instead?

If the issue persists beyond that I’d be happy to enable diagnostics for your account and take a look at why the Chord is having so many issues skipping your tracks.

are you able to remove them and try ASIO instead?
Sorry, I don’t understand. Can you explain please?

Sorry if my last question was unclear.

You asked me “are you able to remove them and try ASIO instead”

I responded “I don’t understand. Can you explain please”. The source of my not understanding your question is that I already said that I normally play using the ASIO driver and in fact its the ASIO driver that works least well with roon.
Are you suggesting that I really remove the other drivers and then re-try ASIO? I don’t see how that could make a difference.
Also, I did point out that the ASIO driver works perfectly well with JRiver MC.

Any help would be appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.