Audio (Qobuz, Tidal, local HD) is loading slowly message.......Roon skips after ~10 sec

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC Rock running latest build 1169

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NUC Ethernet to switch to wi fi router.

Connected Audio Devices

Wi Fi to Auralic G1 streamer

Number of Tracks in Library

20,000 locally attached tracks, Qobuz, Tidal

Description of Issue

Message saying that Qobuz, Tidal or Audio track is loading slowly appears after hitting play on Roon. Track starts (slowly), plays for about 5-10 seconds then skips to the next track and the same thing happens. Wi Fi download speeds tested fine at > 300mbps. Interestingly Roon ARC works fine. I’ve rebooted the NUC a few times.

Try (for elimination purposes) running an Ethernet cable from the router to the streamer .

Wi Fi and Roon is often a recipe for frustration no matter how it measures. If you scan the forum for slow loading error you will find 90% + (Guess) are down to wi fi

Your symptoms , slow loading skipping , are text book - sorry for the bad news

Thanks Mike. I haven’t done that because the streaming software for the Auralic (Lightning DS) works fine. It accesses Qobuz, Tidal and my library. Also Roon ARC works fine on the Wi Fi network in my house.

One other thing I should mention. While I’m not 100% sure, this happened with or very close to the latest update from Roon.

I just tried it wired directly to the router and the same thing results

Fixed it by turning off a Bluesound PULSE Flex 2i which was in the same zone with the Auralic streamer. I tested the Bluesound device by itself and it caused the same problem. I’m going to post this separately because as I said, this happened with the last update from Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.