|Processor Count|4|
|RAM Size|8 GB|
|Computer Memory Type|GDDR5|
|Hard Drive Size|2 TB|
|Hard Disk Technology|HDD|

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Synology router. Wi-fi. No VPN.

Connected Audio Devices

Music is stored on a Synology HDD attached to home network.
I’m also using Tidal.
Playback is via Sonos.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Message ‘Roon lost control of the audio device’ appears briefly, then music starts. Play button doesn’t change to Pause. Time remains on 00:00. After about 30 secs track starts skipping, then stops. If I press Play again it skips badly from the beginning.

Have you done basic troubleshooting like rebooting everything?

If you are using the core over WiFi this may be part of the issue. After rebooting try hooking the core up with ethernet and see if that helps.

Do I see right the Core PC system drive is a HDD spinning drive.

Roon recommend an SSD for speed reasons, 96 k tracks is a relatively big library so SSD even more so

As stated WiFi for the Core to Router connection is not a good idea

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately my PC and router are in different rooms so I’m stuck with a WiFi connection. I’ve tried all the basic troubleshooting ideas. I’ve just bought a new router which might help. But since changing the router Roon won’t play via Sonos at all. I can see Sonos Connect in the Roon Audio section but nothing happens when I press play. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Check your router to see if there is a better channel to select for the WiFi?
I use WiFi analyzer to check signal strength.
Might be able to move things around to improve the signal?

I also had a drastic improvement when I went to eero pro mesh network.
It helped my endpoints. But I made my Roon core wired.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.