Audioengine D1 connected to Win 10 PC cycles quickly through songs never playing them

Hi @John_Cale,

Thanks for you patience while I had a chance to consult with our team regarding your case.

The team has inquired if you have issues playing via System Output to your internal PCs speakers, as it looks like you tried to play to the AudioEngine via System Output according to logs.

Can you please give this test a try and see if you are able to output to the PC’s build in speakers via System Output?

It works with my headphones as I don’t have built in speakers on the PC. It does not work though when I select system output but does work when I pick my headphones as the audio source

Hi @John_Cale,

Thanks for confirming that System Output works with the headphones, this is good news.

As for next steps, can I please ask that you send me a copy of the RAATServer logs, located under your Database Location on the Windows PC the Audio Engine is connected to?

I would like our team to review those logs for additional clues, thanks!

here you go https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiQ2vSYkU-lh2EcaiTs5i-T2RCOo?e=CTcyVm

1 Like

Thanks for sending these @John_Cale, let me get this over to the team for further review!

Hi @John_Cale,

Thanks for your patience here. I spoke to the team again regarding your logs but unfortunately, you have sent the wrong set over. Can you please access the RAATServer folder and send me a set of those logs?

I also do have a few other suggestions though we can try while looking at RAATServer. Can you please open the Device Setup for the AudioEngine WASAPI zone and navigate to the bottom.

Do you see the option of “Enable Event Mode” or “Workaround devices that misreport capabilities”? If so, please try to toggle these settings (one at a time) and if it helps, do let me know. Thanks!

I tried to toggle those options but it made no difference. Here are the logs https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Z89ciHO1gJOj0zxUENVsNGhqvo5p-K9/view?usp=sharing

Hi @John_Cale,

Thanks for trying those options we would need to take a logs to determine the next steps here and unfortunately these are the wrong logs you sent.

Can you please open Windows Explorer on the PC (the app you navigate to C: drive with), and paste this in the header: %localappdata%/RAATServer/Logs.

Please send the logs contained in that folder:

Here you go https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiQ2vSYkU-lh2E8aNhbuXvTxyFT5?e=fdP8Up

1 Like

Hi @John_Cale,

Thanks for sending those logs over! I requested our technical team to review these logs but unfortunately not much more info could be gathered here. If you try to use ASIO4ALL and output Roon to this which then outputs to Audioengine, does that work?

I installed ASIO4ALL and it plays but no sound. When I look in the ASIO4ALL settings is show a red x on the Audioengine D1 and when hovering over it it says unavailable

I went into the device settings and enabled exclusive mode and now it works! Thanks

2 Likes

That’s fantastic news @John_Cale, happy to hear that worked!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.