Audioengine D2 wireless DAC volume control issue

I am using Roon via Audioengine D2 wireless. DAC. Setup went well. Very good sound.

My problem is that I can’t control the volume via the computer volume control. I have to use the
volume control on the D2 transmitter. I have tried the various volume control options under
Roon’s audio setup with the same results. The computer volume control does work with Pandora
and Tunein.

I am using a fully updated Windows 10 computer that recognized the Audioengine D2 immediately.
The D2 was listed in the Roon audio setup area and functioned as soon as I enabled it.
The D2 dac is in the receiver unit that connects to the powered speakers across the room.

With the previous setup, the laptop connected to a dac with it’s headphone output connected
to a relatively low quality transmitter/receiver that connected to the same speakers. Roon volume
control worked in that setup.

Any suggestions would be welcome for solving this relatively minor issue.

Winthrop Bissell

1 Like

Hello @Winthrop_Bissell,

Can you please post a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab and a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio -> Cogwheel icon next to zone -> Device Setup tab?

Generally speaking DSP volume should work regardless of if the device supports volume controls since DSP volume changes this on Roon’s end. Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Got a D2 working seamlessly with Roon in my third (office) system. With DSP selected volume does work effectively.