Audiophile SATA cables

But, as has been pointed out, the onus is on you to provide some form of logical explanation for how power cables - SATA cables, and so on - can possibly have an effect when to state that they do flies in the face of current understandings of how things work. Read the article that @killdozer linked - it might make things a bit clearer if you’re not familiar with these arguments.

1 Like

I am familiar with these arguments. My point is simply, those that vehemently state that science disproves that cables can have an audible impact on a system, should then submit the absolute science. Rather not make such comments if it cannot be backed up. It works both ways

In another discussion in one of these forums, I replied that digital is digital and there’s no way a cable can influence the sound quality, if it works. If it is flaky you can have interruptions but that’s not the discussion.

If its 100% pure copper, or just 50%, or has platinum coated connectors, or just normal, or has purple colored insulation, or whatsoever, it doesn’t make difference. SATA, ethernet, HDMI, doesn’t matter for audio.

But there was a guy in the discussion from a company selling this kind of cables and I was banned for a few days from that forum. If Roon was a bit more serious about its customers it should ban snake oil vendors instead of its customers.

:wink:

2 Likes

You may be familiar with the arguments, but you’re misapplying them. There is no “absolute science” that can prove that things don’t exist. The whole point of ‘burden of proof’ is to state that if someone claims that something does exist it’s down to them to offer the proof and/or evidence to back up that claim. Over to you :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Yep, this is Russell’s Teapot…

4 Likes

This is too hilarious. It’s exactly my point. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

You cleary don’t get what I mean

Yes we do. You still try to revert the burden of proof to the other side, ignoring it’s on you to show any “audiophile” cable does improve SQ while science already perfectly lays out it cannot. While you never had any solid evidence. So you got stuck in opinion land desperately clutching for straws.

4 Likes

Being actually helpful here, there are definitely low quality SATA cables. But due to the nature of in built error correction that ensures zeros and one’s turn up as they are meant to in nearly all digital equipment (certain cds and dvds being notable omissions) you will either get the hard drive is dead or the audio is fine and nothing in between. Except maybe raid fixes hard drive is dead problem meaning everything is still fine.

Computers are awesome at ensuring integrity of data. That’s all there’s is to say really. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even more than awesome. Error free under any normal circumstances. Wasting more money does improve nothing.

2 Likes

I think we do, but am happy to accept we may not. Please explain.

This is a big misunderstanding, there is no audio in the digital domain, it is data.

1 Like

No, as others have pointed out, Russell’s Teapot is the exact opposite of your point.

I want this in big beautiful letters written on the barrel of a decent baseball bat. Oak would be nice. :baseball:

I might replace my vanilla SATA cables with these. They are obviously what’s holding my system back.

Anybody know where I can get an Audiophile ESD Wrist Strap prior to purchase & installation?

2 Likes

You can buy mine but it’s pricey…

Must be good if it’s pricey…

2 Likes

It is indeed, but it could do with a little more burning in I fear. It’s not for everyone, but if you’re discerning and appreciate the better things in life…

Yes I think you misunderstand what I wrote. I did not say there was audio there.