Audiophile SATA cables

Burning cables in is what I live for

2 Likes

The pity is - there are no directional SATA cables. My world is in shambles.

2 Likes

Lucky for you, the JCAT Reference SATA Cable is directional :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dreams destroyed and then mainlined in two quickfire posts.

3 Likes

I find the very notion of cable directionality quite vexing… Short of incorporating diodes into a cable build, I really can’t see how it matters which way round it it is connected :thinking:

You’re applying logic again.

1 Like

It will only be a matter of time before we see audiophile USB-C cables with “this side up” stamped on them…

After building my own PCs for the past 20 years, it’s heartbreaking to find out I may have installed my SATA cables the wrong way… I need to redo the whole thing, and also do some critical listening after reversing my Ethernet, HDMI and speaker wires. Now, if I could only figure out how to reverse in-wall Ethernet wires…

1 Like

If you find that vexing you should check out JCAT’s M12 Switch Gold. Apparently it’s “a complete network solution for EXTREME Audiophiles”.

Arrows man, it’s all about the arrows

:rofl:

Oooh, M12 connectors! Good for up to 500MHz. Cat 8 RJ45s are good to 2 GHz.

Throw in enough technobabble and you’ll have the die-hard audiophools eating out of the palm of your hand…

€3500 for a :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: network switch!

@Graeme_Finlayson, before you dismiss it you should watch this review. It’s fascinating stuff.

Disclaimer: I only managed to watch the first two minutes, but I’m sure it’s all good :wink:

That’s easy, just move all your equipment instead :wink:

2 Likes

I just can’t stand the idea a SATA cable is used both ways - reading and writing. Like this the micro crystalline structures in the copper never will reach AUDIOPHILE grade certifiable levels.

1 Like

Underrated post! :rofl:

1 Like

That’s why we need audiophile hard drives, with two directional SATA connectors rather than just one. One for reading, one for writing.

1 Like

Nice try. But only shifts the problem to the drives. We need to separate further!

Oh my giddy aunt…

1 Like

Perhaps we need read-only hard drives :wink:

Yeah, but since they go through a switch, it would reverse both cables and it might cancel out… There’s one cable from the router to the switch, then 16 from switch to different rooms; that’s 2^17 = 131,072 combinations to try out.