Auralic Aries mini unexpected unexpected error

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology NAS DS-916/2018-03-07

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TPLINK-M5 on Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic Aries mini/fw 7.1.1=>USB connect to RME ADI-2

Description Of Issue

I could play music on Lightning DS app with Tidal.
After I install ROON remote in Ipad I could catch the NAS on ROON remote and I also could find Aries Mini in the audio device.
I try to play the music for Tidal or the file in NAS, ROON said unexpect error communication with audio device and have no sound for my device.
By the way, in the ROON setting audio, after I choose Aries Mini to set it could not save(the button is vindicated so that I can’t click save button)

Hi @JYUN_SHYR_MA,

Welcome to the forum! If you try to start playback to any other zone, does that work as expected?
Is the Aries + RME the only zone impacted by this issue? Could you try starting playback to your “System Output” zone (the Roon controller’s internal speakers) and verify if that works as expected?

I just restart my NAS and everything is OK.
I hav another question that for Metadata improver
Where could I need to update for software?

1 Like

Hi @JYUN_SHYR_MA,

Glad to hear that the NAS reboot sorted the issue out!

Our team has been looking into this and similar reports and what we’ve found is that this seems to be stemming from something on the Core or network that is blocking the Core’s connection to our servers. This might be firewall, antivirus, VPN, or even a VOIP system. Do you have anything like this on your network?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.