Aurender & Roon, We Can't Be Friends? We can

Only the newer Intel based Aurenders will be able to use Roon. Need the latest updates.

I have the N20, so that one has Intel. Not all the N series have that. The N10 for example is still ARM based I believe.

Yes, new Intel, the original AMD.

Roon Ready mode will be a free upgrade available for all Intel-based โ€œN-Seriesโ€ (N150, N200, N20, N30SA) and โ€œACS-Seriesโ€ (ACS100, ACS10) models.

The โ€œA-Seriesโ€ models (A200, A15, A20, A30) are currently undergoing Roon certification.

Previous generation, AMD-based models, including: S10, N10, W20, W20SE, X100, X100L, A10, A100, N100H, N100C, N100SC will not be compatible with Roon Ready mode.

On other Aurender boards, owners have Roon up and running on their N series Intel based Aurenders to mixed reviews.

Just now Aurender brought in production a software update for the N20 and guess what: Roon is now enabled in the streaming section of settings, it worked instantly.

Iโ€™ve evaluated Conductor playback versus Roon playback. I can hear no difference. The Roon playback is just as outstanding as what I hear through Conductor. Fantastic!

Patience did pay off. Thank you Aurender, Iโ€™m back on Roon!!

2 Likes

I was wondering which device you are using as core. Can the music files stored on the hard drives in the Aurender be used?

While I donโ€™t know for sure, I find this doubtful. Roon is its own land. Perhaps one could mount the Aurender HD on the computer used for the Roon core and then have Roon scan that mounted hard drive for music files? Unsure if there would be conflicts, or if it would work at all.

If it is possible, the user can use both Roon and the Aurender app with the same files, right?

Thatโ€™s a big โ€œifโ€. But in theory, yesโ€ฆ maybe. Iโ€™d be surprised if it worked.

1 Like

I have Roon running on my fanless w11 PC and I use the same files with my Auralic streamer/app, hence my question.

If the Aurender exports them to the networks with SMB, then yes. But you would create a setup where the Roon server reads the files over the network from the Aurender, decodes them, and plays them back over the network to the Aurender. So twice as much network load on the leg between Roon server and Aurender. No problem if everything is on Ethernet, but wifi can be a problem as it canโ€™t send and receive at the same time

1 Like

I have no Aurender but have you read this:
https://ask.aurender.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034834973-Connect-or-Mount-Aurender-to-a-Windows-Computer

2 Likes

The N200 has a beta version with ROON mode. Files from the internal storage of Aurender play perfectly through ROON, instant performance and without problems. The sound through ROON and through the Conductor is no different and excellent SQ.

4 Likes

My first real streaming experience was with an older Aurender N100 and to this day I still remember the SQ as being totally outstanding.
The Conductor app was not bad, not Roon obviously but usable.
The only reason I sold it was because they did not play with Roon and indeed had stated they had no intention of doing so.
Itโ€™s great to see Aurender have finally got off their high horse and allowed Roon Ready to happen.
I would consider an Aurender unit again myself.

4 Likes

Do I understand correctly that your Roon Core (computer, etc) automatically detects music files internally stored on the Aurender and plays them in Roon through the Aurender?

If yes, thatโ€™s quite clever.

1 Like

Yes exactly.

It wonโ€™t be automatic nothing to do with Roon is automatic with storage. You will need to add it to storage as long as itโ€™s shared over the network with SMB like any NAS would.

1 Like

Did you not have to add it to storage in Roon for it to scan it?

Of course, the internal Aurender disk needs to be added to the storage facilities of the ROON. Everything is standard here.

3 Likes