Authorization Issue After Moving

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Small Green Computer Sonic Transporter, Linux

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core on Ethernet, remote on WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Moved to new house, setup Roon core & remote on same network as before. When I try to connect to the core with the remote, get message that I need to get more authorizations. Rebooted both core and remote…same thing. How do I get around this? Thx

Sounds like you might inadvertently have Core running on more than one machine.
Maybe at your old location or on a machine you sold when you moved?

If so, Unauthorize those Cores you don’t use.

Nope. Same machine. Just picked it up and moved it.

Do you get a screen something like this?

Yes, I did.

What’s listed in ‘Your Devices’ and what does it want you to ‘Unauthorize’?

Can’t figure it out. I logged into my accounts page multiple time with different devices and I just get the basic account page.

I don’t know what you’re referring to here, but if you get the Authorization page then I would suggest that you ‘Unauthorize’ whatever it wants you to and then reconnect to whatever you want.

Your Roon library is backed up, right?

Yep, on a separate ssd.

Then try this -

I can’t find my authorizations page when I log in. I feel I am in the Twilight Zone.

OK, I’m confused.

You said you got to here -

I did. On my remote. I have a headless server, so l need to operate Roon through the remote. I get the above notification when I connect to the Roon core via the remote. This only happened after I moved and reset up the server and attempted to connect the remote.

OK, great.

Since your Roon library is backed up, you can’t permanently hurt anything.

Click the ‘Unauthoruize’ button.

You are marvelous! I am finally up!

I know. My mother told me I was. :laughing:

Have fun.

Thx a bunch!!!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.