Automatic Roon Radio stopped working, Slow Roon Performance, Long Wait/ Delay Between Songs

I solved that problem by plugging in the DAC’s ethernet cord. I liked how clean the wireless connection was but ultimately, it proved to be the Achilles heel of performance and enjoyment. With ethernet, any delays, or forced reboots to get the DAC back into the Roon device list appear to be a thing of the past. Now, I just have to get used to an ethernet cable across the living room floor.

Hi @Tim_Eian,

I had the same arrangement for my living room Qacoustics speakers. The situation only lasted so long with my wife on board and eventually, I had to pay someone to wire my home. Hopefully, it’s not too expensive in your area. In my case, there were three lines dropped with none of them having inside walls that would’ve complicated matters.

Best wishes,
Wes

Wiring is a good investment, imho for more than Roon.

1 Like

The house is fully wired but the nearest plug is not always exactly in the right spot. So all in, I am pretty lucky to have an ethernet port within a few feet of where it is needed. Agreed that having ethernet intranet in a home is a good investment. I am a big advocate for hard wiring mission critical devices. It’s just not always the most sightly thing—especially with audio gear, which at times, does not want to sit pressed up against a wall for instance. I guess the same can be said about power and speaker cables, too, though.

1 Like

I was fortunate that my current house had conduit from a central media area to every room. I was able to pull new cabling myself.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.