B&W A7 AirPlay issue

Roon Rock ver 1.0 build 183 on Intel NUC7i5DNKE

**Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wi-Fi connecting to this speaker although all other endpoints are wired. Router is a UK Sky Q box. No other issues currently on the network.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

B&W A7 AirPlay speaker via AirPlay over Wi-Fi

Description Of Issue

B&W A7 is not reliably connecting to Roon via AirPlay since last update. Play is intermittent and seems to periodically crash the server. I can reliably play directly from Tidal app from iPhone X via AirPlay to the speaker so my network seems to be still happy with the speaker. This speaker has always worked with Roon from the beginning ( I was quite an early adopter). No recent changes in my network environment and all my other endpoints working normally. I have rebooted the server, the router and re-setup the A7 onto the network with no improvement.

Hello @Carl_Stow,

Nothing was changed in the AirPlay code in the latest Roon update, so I’m unsure what could be causing the behavior you are seeing.

As a test, could you try playing to a Mac or PC zone in your house for the same period of time that you would experience issues playing to the B&W A7, to see if this issue affects all networked playback?

Additionally, the next time that this occurs, please head to the Menu > Support > Already Talked to Support screen, tap “Save Support Package”, and upload it to a dropbox link so that we can take a look at the logs around the failure?

-John

thanks John,

1.7 seems to have fixed it :slight_smile:

Carl.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.