B1253 and B173 Update problems

I think there are some problems. The core gives me the “Update avaiable” message, but if I install it, when Roon restarts it’s still on build 1246 and a new “Update available” message pops up.

Also the Arc apk installs build 171 and not 173

The core is on Windows

Same here re: ARC .apk…Link is for Build 171

What is the core installed on? Worked fine for me in ROCK, am now on 1253

Windows 10 enterprise Ltsc

I tried 5/6 times, but the result is always this

https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/earlyaccess/RoonInstaller64.exe

1 Like

I guess the changes/problems in previous EA builds regarding automatic updates on Windows might not be completely resolved, then :wink:

1 Like

I had another issue. I got the “update” pop up, clicked to update, apparently it updated, but then didn’t restart.
Clicked the icon and nothing, restarted the pc, clicked the icon nothing again.
I had to download the exe file from here and now it’s working.
This is not the first time this happens on early acess.

3 Likes

I think so too

Anyway I solved it with @Jim_F’s link

Good that you reported it anyway, maybe autoupdate needs fixing.

1 Like

Same here…

1 Like

I’ll add a me too.

This occurred 2 updates ago also? Last update? Recently.

For the last few builds until 1237 it was known that auto updates for Windows were not working:

• Your windows core or remote WILL NOT update automatically from the server nor will you be presented with an update prompt in Roon
  • To take this update you will need to download the installer from the links provided below and reinstall on top of your existing intallation

Then in 1246 there were the expected final fixes:

For Windows users running the .NET6 framework, we’ve addressed the issue with automated updates but you will need to perform one last manual update to get the new code. After that automatic updates should return to their normal state.

And from now on with 1253 it should be working. I have no idea, of course, if the current issues are a remnant of this, but sounds plausible

1 Like

I can state that I needed to uninstall 1253, then reinstall it on my windows system to get it to run (client. server had no issues).

Doing so fixed it, but there are still some issues it seems.

I have similar problem but partially more interesting:

• Remote on Win 10 updates from 1246 to 1246 (and still wants to update again)
  • Core (on QNAP) is in the state “Checking for an update” for a few hours already - that’s visible from both Win and Android remotes

It looks like making new version available is the last thing that Roon staff does at work and then everybody runs away not to observe results :wink:

Thank you all for the feedback on this. We’re working to get it buttoned up.

This is now fixed for the direct apk link.

1 Like

ARC apk link still installs B171.

Core updated fine for me, but I had to re-install remote on Win10 from the links, just another data point for you.

Same here… To

Hmm, installation of the APK is not working for me (on Android 12). The builds have been automatically installing for me up until now, but now I see that the last installed build was B170.

I tried downloading and installing B173 using the link, and although the download works, installation won’t complete and I get this message:

I assume that I will need to uninstall B170 and try again?

Yes and then you’ll have to update by APK forever or reinstall again from the play store. Much more convenient to stay with store updates even if occasionally they take a day

2 Likes