B1268 update relaunch loop

I was prompted to update my system to the latest greatest.
My core bumped to 1268. My local PC updates, asks to restart then asks to update again.

I’ve been having issues with various devices not being in sync for a few builds now.

I haven’t removed, downloaded and reinstalled yet. anyone want logs?

Thank you.

It plays I muted the update nag.

1 Like

I have the same issue. My core has updated but the remote on a Windows 11 laptop is stuck in a loop of downloading and installing and not updating.

Uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled, now at 1268.

Automatic updating failed in several Early Access builds (as mentioned in the release notes), you needed to download and install the Roon update manually.
I assume you can download and install the latest build (uninstall the older build first, before installing the newer build) from the Roon 2.0 Build 1268 page now, since the link to the separate download is not added anymore. (But not sure)

Roon updated automatically from Roon 2.0 Build 1257 Early Access to Roon 2.0 Build 1268 Early Access without problems on my system(s).

Roon 2.0 Build 1268 is Live! - Early Access / Software Release Notes - Roon Labs Community

Yes I have just gone around and around on this a number of times before downloading the latest build

Hi, @Mark_363, before updating to #1268 manually which build did you have installed? Was it #1257?

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I think it was #1254, same as the OP.

mark

same here. Manual update required. This seems to have been an issue for several weeks/builds now???

1 Like

My Windows 11 PC performed the automatic Roon Remote update to version 1268 a few moments ago without any problems.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Mark_363. The problem is that you had to do #1254#1257 manually in order for the autoupdate procedure to work as expected in the future, unfortunately.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ivan

1 Like

I’ve removed the old and installed the new.

I’ve tried a few times to get the data to repopulate.
I’m even listening now . . .

Hi Paul
I had this earlier today, and it required a server reboot to work again.

I even started to type into this thread, but it came back so I stopped :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That did indeed “fix” it.
Thank you.

1 Like

It’s when you know somebody works in IT :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.