B1275 Roon and MUSE

This is my post raised back in May 22.
I don’t believe an update has been provided.

I must say I love Roon, but the lack of communication and engagement for reported service/support and bugs is really frustrating. I think many Roon users would value additional software rectification updates, and Roon support engagement.

Two significant issues I have reported, remain tickets with no updates:
The link above, + Crosspoint transition execution

Roon’s IIR DSP engine is already powerful, and step above most. Especially for stereo DSP and sample rate management. So I would like that acknowledged. What can be achieved by Roon is a blessing for DSP users. However the IIR engine needs some work, and especially falls short for multichannel speaker/driver management.

IMHO, Roon should take the time to review quality DSP solutions from the likes of Qsys ‘Core’.
This platform would provide a valuable source for IIR function and GUI development. I feel alot could be gained from a drag and drop interface.

Additionally, Roon need to fix Roon’s IIR management of channel levels. The engine is currently unusable for multichannel users because of this issue. All active channels require independent level control adjustment, from the procedural EQ faders, with over arching floating point or manual headroom control.

Because of these issues, multichannel/active speaker users will likely use Roon’s FIR convolution engine, which provides higher levels of management/discrete control, but with less flexibility for immediate change/manipulation.

IMHO, alot could be gained looking at pro IIR DSP solutions, combined with user feedback to build a DSP solution that operates more in line with floating point DSP speaker managers.