B1392 Dropped the connection to my Matrix Mini completely

I feel your pain @Jazzfan_NJ. After nearly two years with no issues, my Roon is dead. It dropped the connection to my Matrix Mini completely. I’m now having to go through the whole setup process again, but so far it doesn’t see my device, and their setup document has the most infuriating item that says “This is the Device Setup screen”, with no direction as to how or where to find it. I am so angry right now! The support system is now opaque and limited in what you can ask for support with. An open forum compared to a limited web form. Such an improvement! This is not good for my blood pressure.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
P.S. Fortunately, my backup Mac hasn’t been updated yet, and can still see my Matrix Mini. I won’t be updating it until I’ve found a way to fix the issue with the other PC bridge.

Hi @Fiona_Thurn,

I’ve split our your post to bring it to the attention of Roon’s support team.

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it into your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your server, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hi @Carl,

Thank you. The good news is my Matrix Mini is there this morning, and normal operations have been restored … magically. In case it’s of any use data wise, my answers are:

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Roon Rock on NUC i7 7th gen. 8GB RAM. TP-Link VX420-G2v modem router.

Connected Audio Devices

Matrix Mini i3 Pro, wireless streamer. Balanced out XLR to TRS Topping MX5.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Device not showing up in zone selection, and then gone from “audio” list entirely. 11 hours later, it’s back.

Much calmer now. :heart: Roon. Clearly can’t cope if I can’t access it easily. I think that’s always been the joy of it - until yesterday - it has always just worked.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.