B1395 Remove folder option from side bar or move from end

I’d gotten used to playlists being the end option on the side bar, with playlists rolled up. Now folders which I won’t use is. Can we be given the option to hide it entirely or at least move it up one please.

4 Likes

OMG :exploding_head: +1 For a switch to remove it entirely PLEASE.

Edit: Actually moving it up above Playlists would suffice.

Also, do you think the Roon Team had bets on who would complain/moan first :grin:

3 Likes

I second an option to Hide it on the Sidebar. It is a feature I’ll never use really.

6 Likes

I’ll third the motion. Folder browsing is not for me - I don’t want (or need) to see it in the navigation menu.

3 Likes

Make a polite suggestion to streamline the user experience you mean? :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @ged_hickman1

What does the folders screen look like?

Folders I guess :wink:

Option to hide or to rearrange the sidebar options :+1:

My folders are a sh!t show as I just stuff things in the top level directory and let Roon sort it out. So no use for folder browsing.

Unless you do a full Roon export.

Folders, yuk!

Can you explain?

If you export your library in Roon it adds all the metadata etc to the files and organizes them nicely :wink:

Ah! Thanks.
I might have a go when I’m feeling brave. :grinning:

+1 for the ability to show/hide folder option. I won’t use so would prefer to hide.

Well, this is amazing - people have been screaming for folder browsing forever, and now it’s finally here… okay, perhaps it’s not for the seasoned Roonies, but it’s going to make a lot of customers very happy.

2 Likes

And Ged, sort out your folders :joy:

1 Like

It’s my private encryption system :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Super happy folders are here, for those who have long wanted them. There are a whole horde of things those users will want to make it useful (are tracks collected in albums where possible or are they just tracks/files?).

But I’m with the crowd who gave up on tagging and folder org when Roon came into my life. I do not need to browse this. That said, even though it’d be nice to hide it at some point, the presence doesn’t bother me too much for now.

Thanks team Roon for burning down some of the longstanding backlog of stuff that some users really really want.

For reference, my top level folders. 100% rando now:

Well, not all - only basic metadata (album and track titles, track numbers, album artist and genre for example).

and any tags

@Menzies - everyone’s organization will be a bit different. Here’s a glimpse of some of the stuff that’s in my Nucleus One internal storage drive.

2 Likes

Just showing off now Mr Organised.

3 Likes