B1395 Remove folder option from side bar or move from end

Cheers @jamie

I appreciate you taking the time to show me this.

Could I draw your attention to this

Excuse my frustration directed at one of the moderators. I’m not keen on people making assumptions :pensive:

“some” people have. Some chose and stuck with Roon because there wasn’t folder browsing.

1 Like

Yes, that has been long the suggestion given to user fors “Why Roon”. Let Roon sort it out so you don’t have to worry about it. Part of that was being able to drop stuff out there and not worry because the mess was unseen.

Now that users can see the mess visually, even if Roon is doing things correctly, there will be users who start obsessing that their folder structure isn’t clean.

4 Likes

Actually, I’m just showing the organized stuff because that’s all I’ve had the courage to add to Roon! :joy:

If I pointed Roon at one of my random music folders, a good portion of it would likely be a mess. It’s part of the reason why only a fraction of my local files have been added thus far.

I think the only artist folder I’ve made is for The Fabs. The rest of it was just dropped into the internal drive without top folder structures.

2 Likes

Haha :grin: My comment was entirely aimed at myself, I remember back before EA where we were called “complainers” by a certain member of the Roon team.

1 Like

I suspect many people have been waiting for this feature to be added and will use it a lot. I certainly have been missing it since day one and will use it a lot. The most natural place for folder access is in the sidebar next to the other main library items, so I would be against removing or hiding it. Now, adding a function to optionally hide it if you never use it is another matter, but it would definitely need to be an option.

2 Likes

Is exactly what you quoted from me. There are many users who do not have a local library at all. Why have a useless function for them stuck forever on the sidebar?

1 Like

In general, I’d like to see the side bar menu be customizable.

2 Likes