B1419 airplay2 feedback

not much luck with this build …

:white_check_mark: ropieee, shairport-sync in airplay1 mode - working
:x: multiple Pi-like devices running shairport-sync in airplay2 mode - no sound, playback never starts (tries then quickly reverts to idle state with no signal path light)
:x: wiim pro plus - no sound, playback never starts (tries then quickly reverts to idle state with no signal path light)
:x: m1 mac mini - no request to accept/decline, no sound, signal path lights up and playback appears to start but never advances past 0:00
:x: apple tv - no sound, signal path lights up and playback appears to start but never advances past 0:00

I als cannot get AirPlay to work. Still completely broken on this build.

Music doesn’t start on:
Naim atom
Bluesound pulse M
Sonos Roam

Can’t use any Airplay at all with B1419 :flushed: (it worked before)

Playing to the Apple TV, the Play button looks like playing, there is a play animation in the zone menu, but the progress bar does not move and there is no sound:

Playing to the Naim NDX-2 by Airplay, nothing at all happens: Play button is in paused state, no play animation, no progress bar, no sound:

As you can see in the above screenshots, the generic zone icons are fixed again for me:

All Sonos AirPlay seems to be dead after update to 1419 - fails to start steam to any device. Also fails to stream AirPlay to a Yamaha receiver that has been working fine.

Same here. Previously near flawless Sonos (Port & One’s in multiple zones) won’t start.

No go here as well, everything had been working flawlessly.

Both Apple TV and TV:REMOTE now don’t work again.

same here. Airplay completely dead with my three Wiim Pros.

Well I had updated to EA1419 yesterday. I then just checked and found it hadn’t. Hence I thought all was still good.

My WiiMs are offline currently. Guess these won’t work as others seem to say not.

My Sonos devices are now not playing.

Apple HomePod stereo pair still work.

Come on Roon, I know this is EA, but goodness me.

1 Like

Agreed. This is kind of ridiculous. Also, if Roon is going to offer early access releases, then it’s essential to be able to easily revert back to any previous release if the latest release has serious bugs.

You can do that by switching to production. (In the case of database updates, you would need a database backup, but one has those, anyway)

Update

My Sonos Five stereo pair doesn’t work but my Beam gen 2 does :man_shrugging:

thanks for that info. I’ve switched back to the main production build and all is working smoothly again.

1 Like