B142/B1208 CarPlay Issues

B1208 ROCK Core on NUC10i3
ARC B142 on iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.3
Wireless CarPlay on Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT

I’m not having much success with CarPlay at the moment, in fact the previous build was not great either. I can change album or track using my iPhone, thankfully, but using the Pioneers touch screen is not an option.
Signal strength is currently two bars on 5G.

Yesterday I had a really weird issue where I started to scroll through my albums using the Pioneers touch screen and without warning the screen scrolled through every available album in hyperspeed, this is a completely random occurrence that I haven’t seen before.

I have to say that throughout testing CarPlay was pretty good for me but since the release of these last two builds it really has not been working well.

Albums won’t load, artwork will not load.

Somehow I have jamiroqui in my recently played, now I know that one of his tracks was in a Daily Mix I listened too but I never started to play any of his albums, in fact I don’t enjoy his music, so I really don’t want to see it in my recently played!!

After getting back in my car and starting up I was presented with this screen when trying to use the ARC CarPlay app:

At this point I decided to take my own sage advice and turn everything thing off and on again.

I turned off the car engine, closed all app’s on my iPhone and rebooted it, started the engine and voila everything was working again.

First run in the car this morning and the ARC CarPlay app was not loading covers or content BUT a few minutes later it was back working again.

I noticed yesterday that when ARC’s CarPlay app wasn’t working properly neither was the TIDAL app but Apples own music app was fine, so I’m wondering if this is something related to the CarPlay OS.

Now its wrong album artwork:

Here’s another weird glitch (one that I have seen a few times before).

Is anyone else using CarPlay seeing these sort of issues or is it just my Pioneer head unit?

I’m having exactly the same issues Mark.
I’m using CarPlay on a 2017 VW Golf.
All the head units firmware is up-to-date. All the other CarPlay apps work fine.
I’ve tried deleting Ark, I’ve tried resetting Ark but I still have the same issues. It’s a shame because the first versions worked fine.
I also have the same ROCK hardware as you,
A coincidence no doubt.
What memory do you have on your ROCK and how fast is your internet connection?
I have16gb memory on the ROCK and a 300mbs Fibe connection.

16GB and 50Mbps

My issues were mostly resolved after I noticed that my core had not updated to 1208 and was actually on 1207. CarPlay is still glitchy though.

The build disparity shouldn’t be an issue any longer as I just noticed that manual update option has been removed, when did this happen?