B30/B31 Switching between different versions of the same album [Resolved]

So, I am only seeing the Deluxe version of Lifelines, not the original version, on both ARC and Roon. So, it might be a regional access thing. If so, that explains why I am not getting a Version tab.

However, @mike, you will notice that a-ha is now using an underscore and is shown as a_ha.
Android 12, Note 10+

Not here…

Press play and see

Still not seeing this.

Ha! I see it, but only in Android!

1 Like

On iPhone with Qobuz and local files I can find the versions tab as long as I have only streaming versions of the album. As soon as there is a local verison and a streaming verison the versions tab won’t show.

2 Likes

I can see multiple versions even if I have one in my local library too, it even gives me the storage location.

It sounds like there is some sync error with your core. Is your local storage configured correctly and online? Can you see any local files at all? Is there an album you have that you know is not available online, if so can you see that?

I think I can confirm this. I mentioned it for one album with a local copy in a previous post further up, and now I have checked others, and it is always the same pattern you described

1 Like

I have the same symptoms as @Niko_T apparently, no Versions tab if there is a local version.

I am at home on wifi (port forwarding is not working for known reasons but this should not matter). I can see albums that are only on my Core (not on any streaming service) in my ARC, and I can play them.

They don’t show album art and just a grey placeholder, and just empty space where the pictures of the credits should be, but this is also the case for me with some streaming-only albums; I don’t know why…

On Android 10

1 Like

i’ve got versions with streaming and local on iphone with Tidal

Maybe it’s only the case with Qobuz. Good to see it’s working in some constelations!

1 Like

I have Qobuz and Tidal. Are you on Android? All where it works seems to be iOS screenshots?

1 Like

I’m on Android and it works.

1 Like

I’ve got only Qoubz and I’m on iOS 15.5 on an iPhone 13 mini.

1 Like

Weird then

1 Like

I’m on Qobuz and have never seen a Versions tab on any album. I assumed it wasn’t implemented yet!

1 Like

On for @RoonQA to look at – cc @ivan

1 Like

Thank you for reports, we were able to to reproduce this issue locally and put in a ticket about this issue.

Apologies for the trouble.

Ivan

4 Likes

Did you change something on the backend @ivan ?? I just saw my first ever Versions tab on an album page!

:+1:

EDIT: It seems to be showing for all the appropriate albums now.