Background analysis stalls at last track

the background analysis shows “(wheel) Analysing; 0/1” for two days now

stopping and restarting, which helps as analysis is stalling before at for example 1234/2345, didn’t help

any idea what I can do

Hello @AE67,

Would you mind to share your Roon logs with us ? I’ll contact you shortly via PM with the instructions how to submit them.

Thanks

I have the same issue, but not only at the last track. It stopped after the first 70 (out of 25000+). Can you please let me know the solution @vova?

By background analysis, are we talking about scanning tracks to add to library (the little rotating circle at top right) or the background audio analysis seen in settings? What I’ve noticed is that when tracks are added, once that process is completed, the audio analysis never starts automatically it is always stuck on 1 of XXX - until you either restart Roon a second time, or manually turn it off and on.

[quote=“Ben_Curtis, post:4, topic:9974”]
What I’ve noticed is that when tracks are added, once that process is completed, the audio analysis never starts automatically it is always stuck on 1 of XXX - until you either restart Roon a second time, or manually turn it off and on.
[/quote] I’ve often seen the same, there’s a gremlin in there somewhere.

the background audio analysis seen in settings

Indeed, the audio analysis seem to stop when my Mac goes to sleep or when I close the Roon app. When it wakes up or when I reopen the Roon app it doesn’t continue by itself again. The audio analysis also seems to stop by itself now and then, with no clear reason why.

I have to:

1. Switch it off first.
  2. Restart the Roon app on my Mac
  3. Switch it on again.

I would call this a bug. Hope it can be fixed in the next release.

But, that’s not it, when it runs into sudden files, it stops and doesn’t want to restart anymore. Not with the above method, not with restarting all systems (the one with RoonServer and the one with Roon), nothing seems to be able to start the background analysis anymore.

Please @vova, can you help?