win10 pro, core i7, 3.5g, 24g ram, all drives are SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

cisco 1g switch

Connected Audio Devices

speakers, n/a

Number of Tracks in Library

13800 tracks

Description of Issue

I’ve had roon attempting to do audio analysis on my library, located via 1g connection on a Syntology NAS with music stored on and SSD, and the roon app analysis speed is set to “fast 1 core”. I see my network utilization is 25mbps, and roon is consuming 18% of cpu. It’s been running for 2 days, on and off. Sometimes the roon app just crashes, and I restart, and each time I do, it starts back at track 1. Even when I close the app when roon is showing analysis is at track 21, then restart the app, it starts at track 1 again? Why on earth???

Thank you.

When they arrive support should be able to look at your logs and see which track is triggering the fail.

Hi there. Roon upgraded itself 2 days ago and started indexing my 11k tracks over the next 2 days, and did not crash or fail. I just let it run since it was not crashing, so I don’t know whether or not it would have started from track 1 again if interrupted. That said, I’m glad it got through my library.

Thanks again for replying and please close the topic.

John Thoren

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.