Backing Up Roon Database

Hi @David_Carter,

Thanks for letting me know that additional info! I too wonder if the Devolo booster could be causing issues here, we have seen issues surrounding powerline adapters in the past but I can’t recall any threads where sharing files over the network was investigated.

I did speak to the team today regarding your case and we have a few other suggestions as to troubleshoot this further:

1. If you have another PC on your network, can you please check to see if the share location works outside of Roon? You can access the network drive by opening Windows Explorer from the other PC and then typing in the non-smb location (e.g. \\CHURSTON\F) and then it would be interesting to see if this works. (For Mac you can use Connect to Server).

2. We have been searching around and found one thread where the user notes that you need to go myinnuous.com to configure the USB backup option. This may have changed since the thread was created, but it would be worth a check to see if this setting allows the backup location to show up on the Innuous itself. Thread link: (Roon backup for Innuos ZENith).

If my above two suggestions don’t resolve this issue we can also reach out directly to Innuous to clarify this further and discuss other potential solutions, but I am hoping that my suggestions above will help.

Thanks,
Noris