Backup failed/Error backing up database

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10/i5, 16gb/Roon 1.7 build511 32 bit
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

UNIFI USG 3P router, 3 wifi AP’s
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Windows 10 Core as endpoint, multiple wifi endpoints (hifiberry, Chromecast, iOS)
Description Of Issue

Backup failure/Error backing up database.
Backup folder is on the same drive as roon core; drive has 33gb free. Used to successfully backup at the exact same location until a few weeks ago. I deleted the backups and created a manual backup. Not sure if this was successful as at the backup location there is only some folder with long incomprehensible names. No way to see the date of an existing backup.

Settings==>Backups==>Scheduled Backups==>View==>three dots==>Clean/Restore

Hi @DanMtsn,

Not sure if you copy + pasted the build number from a previous post, but if you are running build 511, you are using a very old build as 610 is the latest as of the time of this post.

@noris - indeed, I copy pasted from an old support ticket. I am on 610.

Nothing there - so this means that manual backup didn’t work either.

Hi @DanMtsn,

Can you please share a screenshot of what you see in Roon Settings -> Backups when you point Roon to that directory?

This?
Now it is backing up again automatically. Mistery.

again not backing up
this time not even showing the alert on the main screen
how to solve this?

1 Like

Hi @DanMtsn,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot, that is helpful to have! I’ve enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a log set to our servers for review.

I can see the log report came in and I’m noticing a strange error trace when your Core tries to perform backup, I’m going to submit this error trace for review with our QA team and I will let you know once I have their analysis on this.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10/i5, 16gb/Roon 1.7 build610 32 bit
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

UNIFI USG 3P router, 3 wifi AP’s. Roon core hardwired into router
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Windows 10 Core as endpoint, multiple wifi endpoints (hifiberry, Chromecast, iOS)
Description Of Issue

Roon Core (the software not the machine) suddenly shuts down for no obvious reason.

Hi @DanMtsn,

I’ve merged your two threads into one since I believe both might be related to the traces I saw in the latest of your logs. Logs are still with QA for review, but once I have their report, I’ll let you know!

1 Like

@noris - are you still looking into this?
I’m still not getting backups as per schedule
(I haven’t had any long listening sessions recently so I can’t tell if the sudden shutdown issues is persisting)

1 Like

Hi @DanMtsn,

Thank you for your patience here while I had a chance to discuss your case with our team.

According to the logs, it appears that you are getting OOM (Out of Memory) traces, and this is causing general stability issues with Roon and with the backups.

According to the logs, it doesn’t look as if the RAM issue is coming from Roon RAM usage, but rather other programs or the system itself.

Are there any other apps which you have running on your PC which is using up a significant amount of your RAM? Have you ran a RAM Checking program like Memtest86 in the past?

at the times when backups are scheduled there should be no other app running on the computer.
I have never run Memtest86. Will look into it and get back to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.