Backup /Restore Room from a machine to another

Hi

Is it possible to backup/Restore Roon with all my Library from a core version for example if I want to rebuilt my machine?

Can I import Jriver playlist on Roon ?

Also is it possible to start Roon Core as a Windows service ?? or the only way to start the core version it’s to add the Core shortcut on startup folder??

Thanks

Hello @mnt111111,

Is it possible to backup/Restore Roon with all my Library from a core version for example if I want to rebuilt my machine?

This feature is not finished yet, but our plan is to use cloud synchronization, with its help you’ll be able to sync all your playlists, play counts, edits, favorites, playback history etc. But, if you have an actual need in migration right now PM me directly,and I’m sure, we will find the solution.

Can I import Jriver playlist on Roon ?

No you can not. But we are working on a ‘playlist import’ feature right now.

Also is it possible to start Roon Core as a Windows service ?? or the only way to start the core version it’s to add the Core shortcut on startup folder??

I’m not sure that I can fully understand, why do you need this. Can you give me a use case?

Thank you for your questions @mnt111111

Hi Vova

Thanks for your quick response

Cloud synchronization will be great in case we need to rebuilt a new core :smile:
A playlist import feature would be Great thanks
I’m running my Roon Core in a NUC (working perfect) but i need to reach by remote this machine (as i haven’t any screen connected to it and i use VNC Viewer) to launch Roon application if i want to enable any Roon Remote application, so my expectation it’s just to Power on my NUC wait a little and launch any Roon remote without checking if the Roon Core have been well started!!! So to have this functionality it would be great to have a Roon Service as a Windows service put in start “automatic” or it’s what i have done to put a Roon shortcut on startup folder…

Thanks again

I put Roon into a RUN key in a Registry Setting…

Hi

@dshore your remark is really interesting but can you describe with more details (like the path in the registry) you fill or if you create a new entry the name and the type of this entry because i have tried to seek i haven’t found any entry for Roon, one for soolos !! but nothing more …

Your help is welcome …:wink:

Thanks

New Key, Local Machine, here is how.

http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/109/

@vova - It looks like all Roon information is in Appdata/Local/Roon. Yes/No?

Right now I shutdown Roon, then copy the Roon directory up to my NAS for backup. Not glorious, but it works for now. I also make a CLONE/IMAGE of my server for a complete easy restore of an entire machine.

But then again, if something did happen, I just reinstall Roon, setup music folders to watch, and let it do its thing again.

@dshore,answering your first question - Yes, \Appdata\Local\Roon contains all Roon info. But don’t forget that Roon also creates default Organized folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\Music\Roon) and it can contain music.
Folder backup is good as temporary solution. But cloud sync, which is on our to-do list, is a better way to backup such unique info as play history, playlists, edits, bans and favorites etc.

Thanks for the reply…Yep saw those folders too, but I only use Network Drives for music.

Look forward to the cloud sync option.