Bad Brightness / Contrast on Android Samsung S6/S9 since update to 913 [Improvements released in build 933]

Same issue here after 918 upgrade.

Hi Michael, did you manage to fix the contrast problem if so what did you do?

@David_Carter Noris wants to check the logs.

@noris Hello, is there any news?

Same for me (Samsung Galaxy S9/Android 10) although screen lock control contrast/brightness level is fine:

Any news when this issue will be resolved?

1 Like

Hey @Michael_Schmitt, @LuisG, & @David_Carter,

Thank you for confirming that you’ve followed up on @noris’ instructions. We’ve pulled logs and we’ve put in a ticket. We’ll be back in touch once we have more details. Thank you for your patience while we chase this down.

3 Likes

Hi All,

We have been discussing this issue with our dev team and we were hoping to gather more information from the affected users, can you please:

1. Let us know if you are using the Snapdragon or Exynos versions of this device? The easiest way to find this out would be to use an app called CPU-Z (or you can manually look up the model number online), instructions on how to use CPU-Z to find this info can be found here:
  1. Send us ADB logs from the affected device. To do this, connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:
  • Type adb shell in terminal
  • Type logcat v (ref: Logcat command-line tool  |  Android Developers)
  • Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  • Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  • Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thank you!

This is the same on my Galaxy S9+ Exynos 9810 4 x core phone.

1 Like

@noris - 2. Step… ohlala! I uploaded the Log. S9 SM-G960F - Exynos

1 Like

@noris
Exynos 9610 in my Samsung Galaxy A50
Logs have been uploaded.
If you need anything else, feel free to reach out to me.

1 Like

@noris

Exynos 9611 / Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 SM-P610

I currently don’t have the availability to register and send the ADB logs.

thanks

1 Like

Exynos processor on my Samsung S6, sorry unable to send any logs, I’m away from home.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Hi All,

Thanks for those details and logs! We are working on this issue and hope to have some improvements in this area in the near future. Please note that our next release will not contain changes in this area, but a future release will once testing is complete.

1 Like

Mine is Galaxy S9 G960F (Exynos 9810)
Thank you.

1 Like

Dear Roon Team.
Is there anybody still working the issue?
Doesn’t look that there is any sense of urgency.
A close to black screen isn’t fun and stopping me regulary to use Roon.

I’m following the thread since weeks, but no progress.
I’m using a Samsung Tab A SM-T580 with Samsung Exynos 7870 processor.

=> ???

Andreas

Hi, read the post from Noris… 12 days ago…

1 Like

Thanks Michael.
I read it
As you wrote. Already 12 days ago.
And the issue is open since beginning of March. :frowning:

Grüße

Andreas

1 Like

As someone who’s in IT and not afraid to criticizing the Roon team, I think we should have a little more patience. It seems this bug only affects a limited number of devices, and rushing a fix isn’t a good idea, especially since this bug still allows the app to function. It ain’t pretty to look at, but it works. I’d rather have them come up with a solid fix, than something that fixes one issue, and creates 2 new ones.

1 Like

Geduld Andreas, sie arbeiten dran.
Ich nutze roon jetzt seit 5 Jahren und der Support, zusammen mit dem Forum, ist einfach klasse.
Lies auch mal die anderen Einträge von Noris.

Grüße
Michael

1 Like

Exynos 9611 here. Is it still useful to provide new log files?