Bauer media radio stations will no longer be available on third party sites - including Roon

The link is a .pls file which returns a different token each time it is called. (It is actually the number of seconds since 1/1/1970 (the Linux epoch)). In the past we have found these links are time limited so it is possible that you can get a specific period before the token times out. Calling it again would give you another time period.

Some testing is in order…

Edit. Actually, the token is not needed.

I played the planet rock link for over 2½ hours without problems.

It seems strange that these links are ok, but unless some unforseen issues turn up I can add the links to Roon.

1 Like

This is great news, but I had been puzzling that one of our Roberts radios could play the Bauer stations without the warnings, and continued to play them when I could no longer do so via Roon.

The Radiofeeds URLs so far are playing over 60 mins without a problem…hope it continues.

Thanks @Trickydickie for sharing the link.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve added back all the Bauer stations that had been removed. I’ll try and monitor and see if they remain online for us. Let me know if I’ve missed any.

There are some local Greatest Hits Radio stations that also need adjusting. I’ll do these in slow time.

Thank you @Trickydickie .

2 Likes

I’ve now updated the regional Greatest Hits stations.

Just come back from 10 days holiday and decided to check my Planet Rock radio link before deleting it. Amazingly it is working again. Thank you so much Profile - Trickydickie - Roon Labs Community and Profile - BrianW - Roon Labs Community for finding a fix. Lets hope it keeps working! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey, there!
Vinnie from RadioFeeds here.

I’ve been wanting to partner with Roon for a while to provide the stations in our directory for Roon users, but I’ve not been able to make any successful contact with the team.

I’d happy to give access to our up-to-date directory so there’d be little maintenance required by BrianW. Perhaps someone from Roon could drop me an email via the website?

3 Likes

Hello @Vincent_Lo and welcome to Roon’s live radio.

Your suggestion seems very attractive - I’m pinging @mike who will be able to discuss from Roon’s end (I’m just a user).

1 Like

My Bauer stations no longer seem to be working…can anyone else play them?

All those .pls feeds no longer work. I’m trying to find alternatives.

I’ve updated Planet Rock

Edit. …and a few more. There are some regional greatest hits that I’ll do later when I get time.

2 Likes

Huge thanks @BrianW, again.

1 Like

All the regional Greatest Hits stations should work now.

Didn’t someone build an “on ramp” called something like “endpoints” where you can cast your stream from a computer to an AirPlay masquerading Ropieee or something?

Just linking to this that I posted on a BBC radio sounds thread, because I think the solve is the same (and involves streaming on your phone/ipad and casting to a device which acts as an entrypoint to Roon.

We can access Greatest Hits Radio, though for some reason its not our region! Anyway i was curious about their 'premium (AD free) option and if this could be accessed via Roon? I wrote to Bauer about this about 2 months ago but they cant be bothered to respond!

Hello @jeremy_davies , which region is missing? We have about 40 of them.

Re the premium channels, we are not able to provide these generally. In similar such sites, subscribers have been provided with URLs that are specific to their id (e.g. it has some private token). These can then be added to your my live radio.

We are in the Peterborough region i think. Although we are in south lincolnshire which is about 30 miles north of Peterborough.
I will await Bauer getting back to me on the matter of premium.

I’ve added Greatest Hits Radio (Lincolnshire) for you (I believe it’s a new GRH station), and I see they have renamed the Stamford and Rutland one as Greatest Hits Radio (Peterborough, Stamford and Rutland)

Does that suit?

Thats great, although i cant see the Lincolnshire one the Peterborough, Stamford and Rutland one should be fine for us! Thanks for you help.

Strange, it is there for me…

Alternatively, it should show up as a local station in live radio