Bauer stereo-to-binaural vs. lossless

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Ethernet-wired via Home Plug

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sky Hub 4.2

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Headphones

I notice that when I use the Bauer stereo-to-binaural crossfeed with these headphones, the signal path changes from Lossless to High Quality. Which, in theory, is the best setting for optimal sound quality?

Optimal sound quality is pretty subjective. It’s whatever sounds best to you. However, in theory Lossless is optimal quality. Having said that, in Roon 1.7 I could detect a very, very slight degradation of sound quality when I used DSP such as volume levelling or crossfeed. I don’t seem to hear that anymore with 1.8. The release notes suggest they optimized the code for the DSP engine so maybe that resulted in an improvement.

1 Like

Hey @David_Gibson,

Thanks for being aware of this post and jumping right in to help @David_S. You’re right on point!

@David_S, you can find details about what we think makes for good Sound Quality below, but it is definitely up to you to decide what sounds best:

Please, let me know if we can help with anything now :slight_smile:

PS: Please, accept my apology for how long it took us to get back to you. I wish it was going to be much sooner!

Thank you, Rebeka.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.