Benefit to move database to separate SSD?

Not really a problem, but an optimization question. Running Roon Core on Windows 10 NUC with decent specs. I’ve got 2 internal SSDs–would there be a benefit to running the OS on one and segregating the database to the 2nd one? And, if so, where would I need to set that config parameter?
Thanks!

I don’t think you can do that with the current install.

Thanks, Nick. If that’s the case, it makes my question fairly moot, but I thought it was worth asking.

Jerry

You can do it in Linux - my server boots from usb3 and the database is on a dedicated SSD.

I’m guessing it can be done in Windows using symbolic links to the database folder.

Not sure there’d be any real benefit given SSD speeds, but then Windows is notorious for endless I/O.

Good point, Evan–I could use symbolic links, I suspect. But it’s not clear to me whether there would be any real benefit, so I suppose that’s the question. My inclination is to keep with a ‘conventional’ installation–just for future compatibility and simplicity–but possibly juice up the CPU/RAM side of things eventually, if I want to ‘experiment.’ I kind of assumed, incorrectly it would seem, that this approach had been done by others in a Win10 environment and would have real-world experience.

Thanks.

there’s no harm in trying it. Only thing you need to do is ensure you stop Roon and/or Roon Server before moving folders and creating symbolic links.

FWIW my Linux install has never given a moment’s issue during upgrades etc.

If I get to feeling adventurous, I may give it a try someday–and I’ll report back here if I do.

Thanks.