Best platform for HQplayer/NAA

I gave up and installed Fedora 38. Now everything is playing again including Ropieee!
Yesssss!

It turned out I downloaded Fedora 39! It sounds amazing but it says evaluation after HQplayer Desktop 4.22. I notice that it stops and starts again after a while. And just now it disappeared and I have to start settings again. Should I go for 38 instead?

The demo version only plays for a limited time, nothing to do with the underlying OS. Try activating your license.

The license Key is activated!

I am playing HQplayer 4.22.1 with Fedora 39 and Pi NAA Ropieee and it sounds great. I have activated the license Key but after about 15 minutes it shuts off. I open HQplayer and activate settings and it plays again. Anyone has experience or know anything about this?

Can it have anything to do with the screensaver?

Have you tried turning screensaver off, as a test?

How do you know license is successfully activated? You can see your name at top of app?

I will try it!

Yes!

I turned off screensaver but it stopped after 15 minutes anyway!

How do I install lowlatency kernel?

Have you tried to google? First link has the solution

This regera to Ubuntu. Does it also go for Fedora?

No idea, someone else will have to help with Fedora. I never used it.

What does Google say? Usually there is a lot of generic help for these things, since its nothing related to HQPlayer

I have googled but find very little ( at least that I understand ).

I restarted the system again and downloaded new updates to Fedora ( including USB functionaliy ) and it has now been playing for an hour! WOW! It seems the problems are solved!
I also like the sound! Its great. The Ropieee NAA really makes everything sound better. Silent, dynamic and transparent.

1 Like

HQPlayer log file likely gives some hints about the reason why it stopped.

I have forgot how to find log file.

I tried log file but it doesnt exist?!

On Windows HQPlayer log file called HQPlayer4Desktop. log can be found from “%LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer ” folder. On Linux and macOS it can be found from “~/. hqplayer” folder.

This is what I did! After enabling logfile in settings!