Best setup for unidentified device?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
QNAP TS-453BT3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wired to router via Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Using Roon on my iMac Pro (2018) controlling my USB connected DAC:
DAC: Luxman DA-150 (DSD)
Amp: STAX SRM-007tII
Headspeaker: STAX SR-L700

Description Of Issue
Hi everyone,
Just bought Roon (wondering how I could listen to music before :slight_smile:), everything work like a charm but not sure if my setup (see picture) is optimal for my Luxman DA-150 DAC as it is not identified by Roon. Am I doing things right?

Hello @Guillaume_Roques,
Welcome to the Roon Community!
You are doing things fine. Your DAC is ‘unidentified’ because it has not been “Roon Tested” or is not “Roon Ready”. To be Roon Tested, Luxman would have to submit a sample to Roon for their testing purposes. Roon Ready is a higher level of certification and enables some better integration with Roon capabilities in many cases.
However, your DAC will work just fine. You already have it set to Exclusive Mode and it would appear your QNAP has the right drivers to interface with the Luxman via USB. Since the DAC is not MQA enabled, you have that setting correct.
I don’t know enough to speak to DSD communication, but if that is important to you it’s something you can play with.
Some people will do some amount of digital signal processing (e.g. upsampling) to further tweak sound. On my DAC, this doesn’t have a positive effect. Since your QNAP has a somewhat under powered Celeron chip, you may not be able to do much signal processing anyway.

Thanks grossmsj for your answer…
Actually the QNAP is not attached to my DAC directly but streams audio to my iMac Pro that then uses the DAC.
QNAP > iMac > DAC

Okay. I misunderstood. That will give you plenty of power to do almost anything you like!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.