Best sounding CD ever? Best sounding recordings? Best HiFi albums for audiophiles? Best hi-res albums?

Probably 80% of my library is CD quality 16/44 so I fully understand it being good enough.

I was just having fun about the fact that wasn’t cd quality 16/44 but high resolution

1 Like

This is an absolutely fantastic sounding recording - SQ is off the charts.

The Road East Cover

10 Likes

This is a good example: One of the best recorded and engineered classical recordings I have heard recently - especially the quality of the bass and string sections. Amazing in both Hi Res and 16/44.

5 Likes

Bought this Japanese import CD for my wife today.

2 Likes

Great SQ - THX

Great Production Sonics thread

5 Likes

Very reminiscent of a favorite of mine, Double Image by Dave Samuels and David Friedman. Thanks for the find!

Not that know in Germany but sounding great!

Live …

2 Likes

They are great too

2 Likes

First of all…
The beauty and emotion of music are in the ears of the beholder
(in ‘down to earth’ Dutch: over smaak valt niet te twisten)

However, I did (very much) enjoy:

• Miles Davis - Kind of Blue - Limited edition (blue vinyl) double-lp edition (180 gr)
  • Patricia Barber - Companion vinyl 45rpm double lp box
  • Chick Corea Akoustic Band - first album (CD); normal 44.1 khz and 16 bits
  • Patricia Barber - Higher - DSD 512 (this truly sounds amazing with the right neutral/not too expensive setup)
  • the rest :wink:
1 Like

I would love to held of this - but Linn Akurate DS don’t support DSD

DXD is PCM…

So DXD 24 Bit would play? (PS: Almost all my albums (local) are FLAC)

Yes. The most common container for DXD (24 or 32 bit x 352.8K) is FLAC.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: Just bought it - 3,19 GB :slight_smile:

3,19 GB :slight_smile: - DXD 24 Bit - But sounds great

@Rockhound where did you find this and what is title of album too blurry for me to make out? i couldn’t find an album cover like it on TIDAL or Qobuz ie jackson browne
thanks bobbmd

AND BTY any of you jazz lovers–do any of you watch BOSCH on Amazon Prime?–I downloaded the jazz he listens to on his fantastic MacIntosh tube amp and turntable and all of it sounds fantastic including muscians i never heard of

2 Likes

Very nice! I’ve got this album in my library. Think I bought the CD when it was new…