Best sounding CD ever? Best sounding recordings? Best HiFi albums for audiophiles? Best hi-res albums?

She is such a breath of fresh air. She is complex, nuanced, subtle, simple, emotive, jarring, powerful, and delicate all the the same time.

It takes someone special to pull that off and we are so lucky she wasn’t cast aside earlier for not conforming to type.

I will say that besides Capri Songs, her other albums need to be listened as on entity. They make sense that way. But trying to get someone to listen to a given track who does not know her will rarely lead to a strong appreciation.

I will also say that Magdalena is the better album in terms of pure emotive power and cohesive artistry. Just my opinion

1 Like

Yes the 256 DSD is great. But I to say that the original mono release is the best sounding version of Ah Um I have ever heard. The 256 DSD is almost as good but not completely IMHO

1 Like

Talking of which I just got home from my long weekend away to find this sitting on my door step waiting for me

Also having my first listen to this on SACD as one of my favorite albums ever, and the sound quality is great

6 Likes

4 Likes

I will have to check that out one day if I can get my hands on a copy.

Loving this new release:

RoonShareImage-638138206967210900

4 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

HUGE sound on SACD :smiley:

3 Likes

@Martin_Kelly
Lang Lang was on a program where they were listening to people play piano in railway stations across the U.K.
This was one of the people playing and he was impressed.

6 Likes

here is the girl again in front af a great audience

8 Likes

Yes that was the final, all of the finalists were each given a piano.

2 Likes

1 Like

Agree. And North Dakota is one of my favorite Lyle Lovett songs.

1 Like

One of my favorites:

Speedway at Nazerath is a personal favorite. Much MN and Dire Straits is excellently recorded.

4 Likes

Here is a great track i found recently.
https://open.qobuz.com/track/13592381

1 Like

I’ve got a couple of these lost recordings. Do you have any that you’ve enjoyed and would recommend?

RoonShareImage-638292736933456844

This particular recording, on CD, seems to keep most of the original breath and life from vinyl better than any other title that I own IMO.

3 Likes

UtIZoSR
Many great choices in this thread so far. This recording is one of my favorites when I can grab my headphones and favorite beverage and melt into the sound.

1 Like

Just received

6 Likes