BETA release 2018/10/16 (193) now at 218

Haha! No worries man. Awesome that you took the time to this!

1 Like

Unfortunately, arrived home to none of the displays working. Made sure everything updated to v. 202 okay. Un-grouped the normal group. Re-enabled extensions to be sure (they were not crashed). But, displays did not work.

Pre-rock reboot: 32ee1b28ffe1ab1c
Post-rock reboot: 5711c99348badcd1

Will test over the weekend.

Nathan

So… did they work again after you rebooted rock?

Harry… beta 201 bug:

• “Display settings” (luminosity etc.) are lost and reset to default values at every reboot :frowning:

hmmm… that’s weird. nothing changed there. Can you send me feedback?

sure, here they are:
Before reboot: 342af826f4b5e95a
After reboot: 7c9372acb1f937eb
“Screen brightness” and “Blank screen” settings were reset to default :-/

but can you reproduce this?

happens at every reboot (manual or auto) and… just done (as per feedack)

ok thanks. will look into this.

1 Like

thank you, Harry :slight_smile:

Hmmm… i can’t read both yuor feedback files. I’m wondering if your SD card isn’t toasted…

everything looks to work fine :neutral_face:
should I reflash nonetheless?

yep. I’m afraid that’s causing the issue, because the configuration file is stored on SD.

ok, will do… Monday (must take apart display’s case to reach SD card :roll_eyes: )

thank you once more :slight_smile:

1 Like

tried reverting to stable channel and… issue is there too so has indeed to be the SD card :frowning:

Yep. Unfortunate it is…

Sorry I was unclear. Pre == displays don’t work. Post == displays work.

Yeah… was afraid of that. You ran into the issue that messes up the server side of things.

Can you do me a favour? Go into Roon, to the settings and then the Extensions, and clean up the list of ‘old’ extensions (you can do that by clicking on View).

We need to figure out what is causing this issue in Roon core. Or more importantly: make it reproducable :frowning:

Harry, I cleaned up the old extensions last night. I woke up to my “KitchenDisplay” not working, but the other two did work. (For clarity, I ungrouped everything last night, just to simplify.) In Roon Extensions it wasn’t there, but was in the list of prior viewed extensions.

4c6a7fc68d08faac

And after restart of extension display now works:

d750670c9983a1f6

Checking Extensions in Roon, it now is there.

Is there anything that I can provide which would be helpful?

@Nathan_Wilkes are you running some kind of script that accesses your units over SSH constantly?

And can you make sure you have the latest updates from today? They increase log levels.