BETA release 2018/10/16 (193) now at 218

@spockfish Harry is it possible to keep the website up to date with the current Stable release version number and the Beta as well perhaps?

Says 179 on the Change log page currently but my pi’s are all on 181

yeah. but I suspect you’re on beta.
For beta it’s actually quite some work, because I regularly push out things.
So… I could mention it, but without changelog then. The changelog will then happen when we go to stable.

Would that suffice?

Harry,

Updating devices now (was on v202).

Yes, I use a script to pull temperature and memory once every 10 minutes. Not good? See ropieee.codexwilkes.com:8080.

ok. Could you, if you report ‘not working’ what that actually means? There’s quite some state involved in what could be wrong.

And I think I asked before, but to be sure: you’ve got one Roon Core (rock) running? Or do you have more?

Harry,

“Display not working” == when Play is initiated on a Roon Remote the display does not wake up or stays on the clock. Occasionally it means that the displays shows static cover art, often the time displays 1’12” and does not advance.

Sometimes an extension restart will fix the problem, but a ROCK reboot will definitely alleviate the issue every time.

As to cores, I only run one (intentionally), and when I disassociate a remote there is only one core that shows up. However, when @Jan_Koudijs kindly helped me by adding logging to the alarm clock (to figure out why the stop alarms fail — seems to be when the old RoPieee extensions are grouped), I did see another “core” in the logs, that being one of our laptops. I confess I meant to figure out how to remove all of those files, and I’ll do that today. Could this be a problem?

Bedankt.

Sounds good…I’m pretty sure all are on stable and reboot weekly but I just did a forced reboot on 5 units and no changes

Well, having more than 1 core in the system has caused a few itches which have been resolved by the Roon team, but right now I guess it would help if we focus on 1 core.

We need to (try at least) make a distinction between “he, there’s something nog working and restarting the extension fixes that”, and “he I need to restart Roon Core”. The first I can fix, the second not.

oh @Nathan_Wilkes,

one more thing: is your core (rock) shutting down (during the night for example) or is it on 24x7?

Yes, 24/7.

All RoPieee devices now set to never reboot (I reboot when an update is required).

I have one now on beta channel with 202 running

FHarry @spockfish,

I had some interesting behaviour this evening. When my normally grouped displays were playing, one lost the connection (the second display, eg the added zone). Restarting ROCK did not fix the problem. But, ungrouping immediately fixed it. I also tried in reverse — the second zone says that it was waiting for zone to start.

V203 in all RoPieee devices.

8f52d440ca8379af

fdf86641294b890c

Nathan

EDIT: I can’t be sure that both zones displayed correctly together with v203, as this evening it has been one or the other display, not both.

“one lost the connection”

What exactly happened?

I’ve at least identified an issue with having multiple screens (and I think you do): if you have a screen set to ZONE_1, and you group zones together with ZONE_2 being ‘in the lead’ (you add other zones to the one being in the lead), the display for ZONE_1 goes into a ‘zone not found’ mode.

Is this what you have?

1 Like

Guys, pushed out a beta update (205).

I think this fixes the issue described by @Nathan_Wilkes.

You might have discovered that there’s an addition state, Zone Not Found. This happens for example when you’ve got an USB dac but it’s unplugged.

Thanks,

1 Like

These new state screens are helpful. In addition to “Connection Failure”, are there any other state screens?

Yes, thank you.

Added 205 to the subject. I have one unit 203 that doesn’t want to get past that yet. The others some show as beta in the GUI and others have changed back to stable on their own. That seems odd.

I did a fresh install, cause Harry told me the last time that my image seems corrupt. I am using a rp3 with display, osmc remote and have an iqaudio digiamp+ attached. the display works fine now. with the last stable images i had big trouble with the visualisation. actually nothing was shown and it didnt work.
hat this issue grouped an ungrouped. but now it works fine. great work!

but i have two other issues here:

• with the beta releases the volume is always at 100 after reboots. @spockfish perhaps you can fix this.
  • my remote does not work. i cant check if the battery is empty cause i dont have another one at home. but perhaps you can see in the feedback if everything works fine. Her is the number: 0cac3102f833d542

perhaps you can have a look on it.
thanks a lot!

The 100% volume thingie is new to me. I didn’t change anything in that area.

With respect to the remote control: I don’t see any input coming in. Are you familiar with doing some SSH stuff? We can then login and see what’s going on with the remote.

Harry thank you for the quick reply. i am out of time so i would try that next weekend. Only did this once and that was quiete some time ago. :wink: have a nice sunday evening!

1 Like

@spockfish , Harry, I arrived home tonight from a walk to find all display extensions crashed (not present in Roon —> Settings —> Extensions. Two of the zones were grouped. All displays either blank or clock, as per setting.

@Jan_Koudijs, just FYI, this resulted in your Extension Manager becoming unpaired, and the Alarm Clock extension crashed.

Feedback from LivingRoomDisplay:

a2b55413b933cc0f

Will ungroup and try restarting the extensions. Works!

f6f119371150b634 (Primary display)

cc75df749483c861 (Added to group)

Oddly, now in Roon —> Settings —> Extensions one of the endpoint RoPieee shows up to be enabled, even though this isn’t a display. What is going on here? CavePi.

c7d87a1e7a30d2b6

Edit: just remembered to delete the Core files on one of our laptops (following Uninstalling Roon Core from OSX [Answered]), just in case this was causing any of the extensions to be confused about the correct core (even though, only our ROCK core ever shows up).

Edit2: Rebooted CavePi, and the extension disappeared from Roon —> Settings —> Extensions. But, now extensions have appeared from two other RoPieee endpoints. I won’t reboot those in case you want me to run anything on those.

1. the extension is running on the CavePi because the extension is restarted from the webinterface.

2. can you please stop the scripts that fetch the information (temperature etc.) from the units? They are clogging up the logs so it’s difficult to search through them.

3. on the LivingRoomDisplay I see regularly messages about under voltage. Do you have another power supply to try out?

Now the difficulty is that you say the extensions have disappeared from Roon. However, they did not crash or anything because in that case they’re being automatically restarted. I can’t find any prove on that. What I do see that it looks as if at some point they just don’t get any data anymore from Core…

To be continued.