Beta release channel

Hi @Peter_Lynch ,

I’ve pushed out another beta release. Can you give that one a try?

Thanks

Hi Harry, that done the trick, the scan returned results straight away and found my CXN device. All set up and playing music, so thank you for all your help with this. Hopefully track info and album art might be for a future release? Again, thanks for investigating this issue

1 Like

Hi Harry, just updated to the latest Beta version but Spotify connect doesnt work anymore. The device is avaialble but when I connect to it, it shows “connecting…” and disconnects and disappears. I’ve tried resetting the device password but that did not help.

Feedback sent c3e792d4bbad6997

If I wait for about 5 more minutes for the device to come back up again in Spotify, it would work the second time, not sure if this is WAI.

Hi,

I’ve pushed out a new beta.
The next release is all about the screen and I’d really like to get some feedback before we release.

2 things have changed in this beta:

• you can now select the zone from the screen. This can be done by clicking on the ‘zone’ label
  • the power button is gone. Instead you can go to clock/screensaver by clicking on the coverart. If the clock is enabled you can go black by clicking on the clock display etc.

Let me know what you think.

Regards Harry

2 Likes

Hi Harry,

Both new things are working for me but I have to say that the zone selector list is a bit ugly. Very large font which truncates zone names and requires scrolling if you have more than a few zones. The use of black font on a white background for the pop up somehow jars with the rest of the elegant layout. I’m sure this is a work in progress and can be tidied up.

Thanks for your continued work to keep improving Ropieee.

I wish I could do a like for every display I have…Thank you Harry!

Might just be in Amsterdam later in Nov so will ping you and definitely look forward to taking you out for a bite to drink as we say :wink:

1 Like

Agreed. I just did a quick implementation to verify it works. I’ll look into some polish.

Is there a way to turn off this zone selector like for example a zone that plays via a local audio hat/DAC - I dont see any option where I would expect to find it - under display tab.

font is way to big…and as a result not all zones are displaying and only some of the name visible, but I like the idea to far…im my setup…sorting would be nice too :wink:

Ignore that deleted post :man_facepalming: I didnt hit update :sweat_smile:

@spockfish Harry does the API extend Zone power off/on and sleep options? they would be really handy if possible to implement

the ones in the top right of the pic
Grab 2022-10-29 at 19.16.38

Pushed out an update:

• applied some styling to the zone menu
  • adapt size to longest zone name
  • sort the list
  • use smaller fonts

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

1 Like

@spockfish this update broke wifi on one of my pi’s… feedback here via lan the connection… all other lan connected devices are OK I think as is one other on wifi which FYI has no zone - just a display so not XL

84ea87259e8c2dab

also the fonts still too big but scrolling is tricky too…maybe increase the timeout for not selecting something.

+1 on the longer timeout.

@spockfish this is admittedly a super minor thought, but it would be great if in the box that says “You have an update, hit button to install” it said in small font / fine print underneath “Current version: X.X, Updating to: Y.Y (stable/beta channel, released DD/MM/YYYY)”. You could put a link to release notes if you wanted but not necessary cause I can go look. Not sure everyone would want it, but it bugs me sometimes that I don’t know what version I’m going to.

(And yes, sorry this is in the beta channel discussion, I just had the thought while updating and thoughtlessly put it here)

1 Like

@spockfish this might be a red herring… seems my AP was stuck in an odd state and maybe was the cause of the wifi snafu … it seems to be working now after I hard reset the AP and readopted it. Sorry about that.

Hi, I have pi2aes streamer,by spidif Audio gd Di20HE then by I2S Pontus Denaprips dac.
When I upgrade my Ropiie XL ,now it’s not work I think I don’t know right setting.
Which hat I use?..Pi 2 Design PI2AES…?
Should I switch audio USB?
What’s else…?
Thanks for help :relieved:

there’s a selection for the PI2AES HAT in the HAT dropdown, so yes, you’d select that.

Audio USB would be off if not using USB. If you’re using the HAT, you shouldn’t need USB. (Sounds like you’re connecting via SPDIF?)

When you say it’s not working, what’s not working? Was it working before the upgrade? (And what upgrade are you talking about? Recent RoPieeeXL 542 Build?)

I have the same Pi2AES HAT and Pontus II DAC via AES/EBU, and it works great.

Not sure if I’ve found a bug or just a “one off weirdness”.

I have the ropieee in question with a screen on Study and the beta has been working fine. Using Roon I grouped Study with another speaker, and the ropieee auto-displayed that I was using Study+1 and kept working fine. Using Roon I then removed the other speaker from the group, and am now playing music through Study fine, however the display now shows “Zone not found”. I assume it’s still trying to find Study+1 but as it’s an error screen I now can’t change the zone in this UI. I assume a reboot will fix it (the config always shows Study as the configured Zone) but thought it was worth mentioning here

Hi, I use pi2aes hat turn off usb and now it’s working…thanks…:relieved:

1 Like