Better deal on Tidal?

So far, I have not been able to activate the Best Buy subscription. I cancelled my monthly Tidal subscription but it does not expire until 5/31. I’ve tried to activate the BB one every day and Tidal tells me I am not authorized. I talked with a BB customer rep on their live chat and he assures me that I will not lose my Tidal history, albums and playlists. He confirmed what Brandon indicated, that my current account needs to end before I can activate the new one. I will keep trying every day and report back on what happens. Also, I submitted a support request to Tidal on Monday and have still not heard back from them.

2 Likes

I had to use a different email address. Tidal obviously wants new customers with this deal, not existing customers.

1 Like

Did you lose your original playlists, albums, etc.?

I don’t use playlist, but I had to manually enter all my albums again. I had over 1000. I should have used Soundiz or TuneMyMusic. It was easy for my because I had all the exact same albums in Qobuz.

Thanks, I’m hoping to avoid losing everything and hope that I have the same luck as Brandon

2 Likes

I switched accounts a month early. You might be OK.

1 Like

I might think you exchanged your Hi-Fi subscription ($20) for a Premium subscription. The BestBuy site shows $120 for the Hi-Fi, and $80 for Premium…

Hello

I live in France and I use Roon and TIdal, we have the service of TIDAL Familial by subscription at 30 € about 40 dollars

on the forum of Roon, some evokes the subscription Tidal with Best Buy, I looked at that would bring the annual subscription of 179.99 dollars is 147 €uros is less than half of what I pay currently

Can I get a subscription at this preferential rate even if I am a French resident?

thank you for your answer

Jean-Luc

I joined the third man records Vault - you buy 3 or 4 of their vinyl reissues a year. I sell most of them for above cost. The upshot: you get tidal for $5 a month.

1 Like

In South Africa, completely unsolicited I was offered a 12 month drop from R120 to R90 , that’s around $8 to $6 , our prices are often lower than US , UK prices as a “third world country”.

I bit their hand off,

We don’t have Qobuz to compare …

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I have been paying $9.99 for TIDAL HiFi for the last 4 years because my daughter was in college so I was using her college email but as Best Buy member, this deal is even cheaper so today after 4 years cancelled my daughter’s TIDAL account which I only use and got the Best Buy deal instead. Now the tricky part was switching all my TIDAL albums and playlist to the new TIDAL account. Well thanks to Soundiiz I was able to transfer everything in less than 5 min. I had to pay $4.5 for one month Soundiiz Premium but that saved me LOT of time. Then switched TIDAL accounts in Roon and all was there unchanged :slight_smile:

1 Like

The deals mentioned are fine if you live in the US, anyone know of something similar in other parts of the world (I’m in the UK)?

My story has a happy ending. I heard back from Tidal support on 5/23 and they asked for my activation code to apply it. My monthly subscription ended on 5/31 and I tried to activate the code every day with no luck. It kept telling me that I was not authorized for the offer. I tried at 2:00 pm on 5/31 with the same result. I then tried at 9:30 pm and after putting in the activation code it took me to a blank white screen with {} in the top left-hand corner. I logged in to my account from another screen and lo-and-behold, the manage subscription page told me that my account was now managed by Best Buy. I don’t know if was me or Tidal support but all works fine and I didn’t lose a thing. Alls well that ends well!

2 Likes

My understanding is that they work outside the US. There was some talk about it over on the Steve Hoffman forum. I’m in the UK too and if you decide to go for it, please let me know how you get on :slight_smile: I may get it at some point in time.

EDIT - Never mind. bought the 3 months for 3$ and my UK account won’t accept the code. Messaged Tidal and they said that if they changed my geo location, it could work but they won’t guarantee it.

Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end. Similar to mine, it would say I was not authorized for the offer until my current subscription payment period ended. Then it took the code and said “managed by Best Buy”.

No I’m still on the highest HiFi plan. Normally the Best Buy price is $120 but they are having a $20 off promo for My Best Buy members so I only paid $100 for one year of HiFI. I just checked and this deal is still available:

I’ll reevaluate after 12 months, but even the $120 renewal is half what I was paying before.

1 Like

Tidal really has to respond fast. I can’t justify double the price for a family plan compared to Apple.

3 Likes

Nothing from Tidal and I had to let it go.

If you live in Turkey, you pay less than €2 per month for the premium Tidal product while if you live in the EU, you pay €19.99 for the premium Tidal product. I struggle to understand the price difference. Its ridiculously huge!

The 19.99 euro pcm are not standard across the EU. I am currently traveling in Romania and here you get HiFi for 8 euros and premium for 4 euros.

Spotify, Deezer and Apple Music are all 5 euros pcm here. No Qobuz so can’t check that.

Mind blowing these prices.

2 Likes