Black screen with offline Roon ARC

Gave offline Roon ARC a good go over the weekend. Downloaded about 34GB of music onto my iPhone 11. The process of downloading was great, although it’s hard to keep the app/iphone alive while this process is happening (you’ll need to disable auto lock altogether).

There was maybe one bar of 3G service where we were. Which was coming and going.

The app worked a few times and then was continually greeted with just a black screen. If I restarted the app, nothing changed. If I restarted the whole device I could get back into the app and play an album or two before it would black screen again. Later on it stopped playing altogether (just got a white “Something went wrong” message) even when the UI was up and running.

Just logging this as a report. I expect it was something to do with the limited connectivity vs being totally offline.

Hey @jptaranto,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I wanted to check in to see if you were still running into these issues? If so, please take note of the date and time the next time this happens, and share it here. From there, we’ll enable diagnostics on your account to take a deeper look :+1:

I’ll be on standby for your reply.

I think 1.0.2 has fixed the issue!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.