Blank screen in the playlist browser after the update [Investigation]

One issues though.

Opening the playlist section in ARC (build 237) gives a gray screen,

2 Likes

I’m getting this too. (iOS)

Hi, @Paulb, @Eric_Schonbachler, I moved your posts to a separate topic so that it’s going to be easier to troubleshoot. Could you, please, confirm that you are running the latest #237 build on your device? I am asking because based on the diagnostics report your devices are still running the previous version of the app. Probably there is an issue with those. But let’s start with this simple step.

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @ivan,

Yes, update via TestFlight.

From ARC:

Thanks, @Paulb! Could you, please, list the sequence how you update to the latest build? I mean, did you update the Core in the first place and then Roon ARC or was it the other way around?

Also, what were your steps in the app when you got into this state?

Thanks!

Ivan

I had the same issue (except for Qobuz-playlists showing up). I updated ARC before the core was updated although I didn’t open ARC until after I had updated the core. To fix this I had to “move” the playlists to where they were supposed to be. From ARC I accessed some of the playlists from the “Recent activity” section, hit the 3-dot menu and selected “Move playlist” and then just hit “Move here” without actually selecting a different location, then I did the same for rest of my playlists from the Roon app on Mac

1 Like

Yes - I am running the most recent version. I’ve also fixed the issue for myself. I had 4 different Playlist folders (3 for Roon Playlists and 1 for Tidal Playlists). I chose a single Playlist from one of the Roon playlists and chose to move it out of the folder and to the root. Once I did that, the gray screen in ARC went away and I was able to see the Playlist folders and the single Playlist that I moved to the root, though ARC thought the folders themselves were empty. I then chose all the playlists in each folder and ‘moved’ them just to the same folder they were already in and then they showed up.

Hi @ivan,

I updated as follows:

(Roon is running on an Unraid server in Docker)

I stopped the Docker (with Production build)
I started the Docker (with Early Access build)

In the meantime I opened TestFlight and started updating ARC and Remote.

After creating folders/subfolders on the iPad and moving some playlists the folders to those, the folders are visible, Unfortunately not the playlists which are not moved to a folder (text is not completely readable too):

When I drill down on ARC in my folder, I see only one playlist:

When I drill down in my folder on Remote, I see the not assigned to folders playlists.

Thanks for you posts, @Daniele_Piancastelli, @Paulb, @Ammad, @Eric_Schonbachler. I think that there are basically 2 issues here:

1. Blank screen when visiting the playlists browser after migration (which can be fixed by moving playlists)
  2. Missing playlists after migration

Our team is looking at both at the moment. Hopefully, we’ll be able to reproduce and create tickets for our dev team.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

An update here, we could reproduce this issue and created tickets for our dev team.

Thanks!

Ivan

2 Likes

Hi @ivan,

Updated to b243.

Still have issues with playlist.

1. Text not completely visible and no Tidal playlists.

2. Logged in as my wife, no playlists at all for her, instead it says “Paul (!) has not created a playlist”.

3. Continues spinning circle

4.Tried on iPad, new install, all playlists.

Hi, @Paulb, unfortunately, it was tricky to fix the issue when the client was already in the broken state. That is why you are still seeing this issue. Or are you saying that that you resolved the issue by using the workaround described in this thread and then after updating to the latest build the issue came back?

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @ivan,

Thanks,

No, I did not try a workaround. I am still seeing:

• no playlists (if not edited)
  • when I change the account on ARC to my wife, I don’t see her playlists (mine though), only a message that Paul has no playlists, even when I am looking in her playlist folder, see the first screenshot.

Paul

Understood, thank you for the response. Could you, please, then try moving playlists around as suggested earlier in this thread and see if it helps to resolve the issue?

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ivan,

I see, that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.